See job description for details
Multiple 12-month Business Analyst contracts with Australian Federal Agency in Newstead. 1 October start. Your new company
Hays Technology have partnered with a large Australian Federal Agency based in Newstead. We are seeking to appoint 3 experienced IT Business Analysts for an initial 12-month contract. These roles will commence 1 October, subject to police and security clearance checks. Your new role
In this role, you will be working in the Operational Science &Technology (OS&T) division of the organisation. You will be working with key stakeholders of the business, ranging from end users to high level executives to create ICT business case on process improvement and provide recommendations to the business on best implementation models.
Key responsibilities in your role will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Assess and evaluate ICT business improvement processes, strategy, initiatives, projects, policies and procedures
- Work with project team to provide leadership and direction to ensure high-level integration and consistency across the business analysis function
- Provide effective business processes and deliver business cases that define benefits through development of new or changes processes
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to identify their needs, reach agreement on the business objectives and gain commitment to achieving results.
- Advise stakeholders, both end users and senior executives and colleagues on the choice of techniques, tools and processes required for modelling and analysis activities and tasks
- Australian Citizenship
- NV1 Security Clearance, or eligibility to obtain
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or related discipline
- Experience in analysing stakeholder objectives, business needs, problems and opportunities.
- Experience in eliciting and documenting user requirements and producing system specifications.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills;
- Experience in analysing business processes and creating business process diagrams (including Visio and PowerPoint).
- Experience in facilitating user requirements workshops.
- Experience in testing business use cases during system acceptance.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of an IT Project team.
A current Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) Security clearance would be highly desirable. What you'll get in return
This opportunity offers a 12-month contract and an hourly rate of $100 - $115 + Superannuation (40 hours per week)
Contract workers through Hays Technology also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
What you need to do now
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- Option to be engaged on a Pty Ltd basis (conditions apply)
- Regular contact with IT consultants throughout the duration of your assignment
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal.
Application close Sunday 29 August at 11:59pm.
For further information about this role, please contact:
(07) 3243 3044
If this role isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for similar Business Analyst roles in Brisbane or the Gold Coast, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508