Associate (Transport ) - Brisbane or Sydney
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Full time
Associate (Transport ) - Brisbane or SydneyAssociate (Transport ) - Brisbane or Sydney
Position No: 1972GI
Division: Global Infrastructure
Location: Brisbane Metropolitan
Work Type: Permanent - Full Time
Applications Close: 04/03/2018 11:00 PM
- Global Infrastructure Team, Brisbane or Sydney-based role
- Leader in the field of infrastructure investment and asset management
- Opportunity to join a team with world class investment track record
This a rare opportunity to join one of Australia's leading Infrastructure investment teams based in Brisbane or Sydney, with a focus on the Transportation sector.
You will be a core team member of the transportation team, primarily responsible for financial modelling, analytical work and asset management for current investments and new investment opportunities.
Your role will be highly analytical in nature and will include financial modelling and scenario analysis, undertaking critical review of investment merits and risks and conducting macro/ market / sectoral research and investment due diligence - all of which requires you to be an astute technical analyst with advanced business writing skills and sound commercial judgement.
Role responsibilities includes:
- Assist with asset management responsibilities to include liaising on key business issues, preparing for board meetings, interacting with management, updating internal monitoring checklists, assistance on quarterly valuations and client reporting responsibilities
- Financial analysis (including financial modelling, sensitivity and scenario analysis)
- Valuation analysis (with respect to new opportunities and also assisting with the co-ordination of periodic independent valuations of the portfolio assets)
- Investment review and risk analysis (including assisting with logging opportunities and providing an initial recommendation to the team as to whether the opportunity should be pursued further)
- Investment due diligence (including management meetings, review of materials, numerical analysis of investment performance, appointment and management of external consultants, reference calls, preparation of Investment Recommendations, material legal agreement due diligence and negotiation)
- Manage and maintain relationships within the industry, including investment banks, fund managers, independent valuers, consultants and peer institutional investors
- Monitor sector, market and economic conditions and assess their impact on client infrastructure portfolios
- Assist with the establishment of reporting and monitoring systems. Interact as required to maintain the operation of these systems
- Depending on the nature of the asset management or investment opportunity task, travel is likely to be required
The Ideal Candidate
You will have around 3 years' experience in a similar role having exposure to financial modelling, investment analysis and due diligence and have a good understanding of the infrastructure industry and key trends.
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills
- Due diligence skills (Legal/Accounting skills are beneficial, however not essential)
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and time management skills
- A strong commercial acumen and ability to identify and critically analyse key business issues and strategy
- Ability to prepare structured business reports, interpreting complex material and make decisions based on imperfect information.
- Ability to apply sound investment and financial market and product analysis
- Intermediate MS Office skills including Word and PowerPoint - Advanced Excel
With approximately A$9.8 billion (30 December 2017) invested in Australian and International infrastructure, GI's team has a proven track record of building diversified global infrastructure portfolios that deliver on client's objectives. The experienced team continues to be led by its founders who drive the investment strategy, team culture and commitment to delivering positive outcomes.
The GI team, originated in 2006 to build a global diversified infrastructure portfolio for the Qld Public Service Defined Benefit Fund, now comprises of a team of investment professionals that identify, secure and actively manage high-quality infrastructure assets. Based in Brisbane, Sydney, London and New York the GI team has:
- A strong investment track record
- A global sector focus (Transport, Energy & Utilities and PPP/Social), rather than country-specific focus
- A proven 'Active Core' strategy that focuses on core assets that will benefit from active management, stakeholder engagement and/or expansion by QIC being in a position of influence or control.
- An experienced, senior team led by its founding partners
The team's portfolio spans Australia, UK, Europe and North America and in 2015 they launched a pooled fund (QIC Global Infrastructure Fund), giving more investors, both here and in selected offshore markets, the opportunity to access our proven global infrastructure capabilities.
They continue to build on the team's success, not only in Australia but in the US and UK where investment in infrastructure is a real growth area.
QIC Limited (QIC) is a leading global alternatives investment provider for sovereign wealth funds, superannuation funds and other institutional investors. QIC delivers services to over 110 like-minded institutional investors in Australia and internationally with more than A$85 billion (30 December 2017) in funds under management.
Spanning fixed interest and liquid strategies, infrastructure, real estate, private capital and multi-asset solutions, QIC adapts its approach to suit the investor and the investment context.
At QIC our pursuit is to be an inclusive organisation - one in which every employee has a true voice. We want every employee to have a sense of belonging within QIC and this includes feeling like his or her difference is valued, whatever the difference. We want to build people leader capability to reduce unintended bias and ensure we are leveraging the uniqueness of all our people.