Analyst - Debt Advisory
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 17 Jan 18
See job description for details
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- We provide an agile work environment and a career that flexes to your lifestyle
- Build a long term career across the broad areas of our business
Debt Advisory is one of KPMG Corporate Finance's principal lines of business, working closely with our Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Advisory colleagues. The Debt Advisory group focuses on the delivery of independent capital management advice involving the structuring, arranging and raising of debt capital for Australian borrowers. We work with a broad range of clients ranging from listed entities, private companies, government Departments and not-for-profit entities.
Your new role: KPMG's Corporate Finance is recruiting an Analyst to join their Debt Advisory team in Brisbane, to respond to increasing demand for its offering in the market place. You will:
- Utilise superior research and analytical skills to identify and articulate client needs, issues, key risks and mitigants, to provide management with clear recommendations
- Assist with capital management reviews, credit analysis, benchmarking, analysis of financial information, corporate structures and funding arrangements, build and maintain financial models (including sensitivity analysis and key financial/credit metrics)
- Assist with running debt procurement processes, from initial research, pitch books and preparation of materials for financiers, through to documentation and financial close
- Assisting with team administrative tasks such as job setup and management, internal risk management and compliance
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and developing a strong professional network
- Preference for current experience in a credit or client facing role within a major Bank, Advisory firm, Investment Bank or commercial environment
- Ambition and passion for a career in the commercial environment and corporate finance
- Have a questioning mind and demonstrate willingness to learn and support the wider team, both locally and nationally
- Excellent written and verbal communication, report writing and presentation skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with a preference for strong PowerPoint skills
- Mature attitude, attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, and the ability to work closely to schedule and meet deadlines with a strong team orientation
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online
Advertised: 12 Jan 2018 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 23 Feb 2018 E. Australia Standard Time