See job description for details
Opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer with South Australia Police. Your new company
South Australia Police (SAPOL) provides a diverse range of services to the community. These services are aimed at producing a safe and peaceful environment by the minimisation of crime and disorder. It is a large complex organisation which, because of the nature of its operations, is constantly subject to public scrutiny and accountability. It provides services to a range of different locations (over 100) spread across the State on a 24 hour a day basis.
SAPOL's vision is to provide a visible, responsive police service for all South Australians. All SAPOL employees are guided by Our Values of Service, Integrity, Courage, Leadership, Collaboration and Respect. SAPOL is an organisation with a proud history and an exciting vision for the future. Your new role
Your role as the Senior Systems Engineer will have you working collaboratively with the Systems Support and Services team and alongside Managed Service Providers in the provision of day to day operations. This role will have you applying your extensive expert knowledge of systems and infrastructure availability, reliability, capacity, security and performance. As the Senior Systems Engineer you will be responsible to act as the 2IC to the manager taking on duties and responsibilities of leadership and administration when required.
You will be involved in contributing with SAPOL teams in strategic planning, consulting to the Business and Project teams, providing guidance, recommendations and technical leadership. This role will have you providing technical oversight of the provisioning, management and delivery of support for the SAPOL infrastructure environments hosted in the private, public or hybrid cloud or in isolated environments. This is a great opportunity to join a large and complex environment during a period of transformation. What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Must hold a Microsoft MCSE or equivalent certification; and VMWare certification.
- Must be an Australian Citizen and hold a current NV1 clearance or have the ability to obtain an NV1 clearance.
- Experience working in a senior technical leadership capacity working in a large enterprise environment
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Windows servers, VMware, high availability technologies, virtual desktop technologies, remote access solutions, Active Directory, Network administration, storage and hardware support.
- The ability to manage and organise workloads and priorities at an individual and team level, and to meet agreed deadlines.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to varying levels of personnel.
- Experience leading, guiding and mentoring a team to develop individual skills and achieve team and organisational goals.
- Demonstrated experience liaising with a variety of stakeholders including the business and external vendors.
Salary - ASO7 $101,859 to $110,107 per annum plus super. Special Conditions please refer request the Position Information Document. What you need to do now
If you have the necessary experience as a Senior Systems Engineer and the desire to play your part working on significant initiatives involving systems that police officers use daily to keep South Australian communities safe, then please apply via the link below with your CV, cover letter and response to the selection criteria above or contact Sarah Ormandy at Sarah.Ormandy@hays.com.au or on 08 7221 4157. LHS 297508