See job description for details
Two Vacancies | Growing business | Financial Accountant and Financial/Systems Accountant | Fringe location Your new company
This well-known SA success story had experienced ongoing growth over many years. Their customer centric values coupled with their involvement with giving back to the community has allowed them to build a strong reputation within the Adelaide market. They genuinely value the relationships they hold with stakeholders at all levels, and they have provided ongoing, internal career opportunities to many employees over the years. An opportunity now exists for 2 Financial Accountants to join their team permanently to provide ongoing support to the growing and evolving business.
Vacancy 1 - Financial Accountant
Vacancy 2 - Financial Accountant/Systems Accountant Your new role
Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the general ledger, incorporating accounting tasks such as reconciling balance sheet accounts, bank reconciliations, journal entries, variance investigations and financial reporting.
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts (inc. subledger and inter-company)
- Processing monthly Bank Reconciliations for 2 key businesses
- Processing EOM standard, accrual and distribution journals in both ERP and legacy finance systems
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Register and running depreciation monthly in both ERP and legacy finance systems
- Preparing monthly management reporting pack with investigation commentary
Financial Accountant/Systems Accountant
Prepare and review the company management accounts in a timely and accurate manner, in line with the close process and timetable. Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations, period end accruals, review management accounts prior to distribution. Administer, maintain, and lead improvements to the ERP and Retail system while acting as the key point of liaison between Finance and IT department.
What you'll need to succeed
- Reviewing monthly management accounts
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliation reviews
- Be the liaison point between Finance and IT / external system consultant (Tier 1 ERP, legacy finance system)
- Ensure the systems remain efficient and meet operational needs whilst maintaining robust internal control
- Write and maintain user documentation, policies, procedures, and processes
- Provide specialist and organization-wide training and support as identified to users
You'll be a CA/CPA qualified Accountant (or working towards) with experience operating as a Financial Accountant. You'll either have experience in an accounting firm or a background in a commercial business. You'll have excellent communication skills and well-developed time management skills. For the Financial Accountant/Systems Accountant role, you'll have a passion and interest in systems and technology and a willingness to strengthen your knowledge in this area. What you'll get in return
You'll work with a supportive and capable team who enjoy developing staff and providing opportunity to learn and grow. This is a full-time role on the city fringe and has some degree of flexibility of hours. What you need to do now
If you are interested in this position and have the appropriate experience, please apply to Lynsey White via the link below or call on 72214139 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, for many more opportunities, please visit our website at www.hays.com.au LHS 297508