See job description for details
Work on key projects for SAPOL and communicate with different stakeholders in the organisation. Your new company
It's never been a more exciting time to join the South Australia Police, Information, Systems and Technology Service. SAPOL provides a diverse range of services to the community aimed at providing a safe and peaceful environment. The Information, Systems and Technology Service are transforming and are seeking new skills and attributes to enhance the ICT approach for the organisation.
SAPOL's vision is to provide a visible, responsive police service for all South Australians. All SAPOL employees are guided by Our Values of Service; Integrity, Courage, Leadership, Collaboration and Respect. SAPOL is an organisation with a proud history and an exciting vision for the future. Your new role
As a member of the Solution Architecture team, you will be responsible for working on projects within SAPOL and communicating with different teams in the organisation. There are three key tasks you will be executing in this role:
- Traditional Solution Architecture - Understanding the problem, analysing options, and defining the solution.
- Playing a governing and Quality Assurance role for contract Solution Architects.
- Pre-project work - Feasibility and impact assessments, options analysis, and cost estimates.
Throughout your day you could be performing any of these tasks for a range of projects that are at different stages. SAPOL is a diverse organisation with varied technologies and multiple projects all contributing to and complementing policing. As a Solution Architect, it is crucial you can articulate strategy and designs effectively to a technical and non-technical audience. Your interpersonal skills and ability to engage and build relationships outside the architecture team with both operational technology teams and a uniformed workforce will be key to your success in this role.
This is an opportunity to join an IT service during a period of fast paced change which will excite the right candidate looking to join a team and capability that will positively impact a major community service. There is opportunity for you to move into an ongoing position if you successfully meet SAPOL needs. What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Experience in solution delivery in a multi-tier and multi-platform environment
- Experience in full stack solution architecture: business capabilities, information management, applications and underlying infrastructure
- Experience in cloud hosted and on-premise systems
- Experience with integration technologies - Service Buses, API Management, SOAP and RESTful interfaces
- Excellent ability to influence and communicate with different groups of stakeholders (technical and non-technical)
- Demonstrated experience with writing options documents and solution architectures
- Ability to objectively look at all options available
- Ability to make recommendations based on sound reasoning
ASO7 $101,859 - $110,107 Per Annum (plus superannuation). SAPOL's work environment and projects are very diverse. You will work with different technologies and solutions across corporate services and operational policing. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508