Associate Analyst 2
Job Description Provide lead analysts in the Ratings and Research (R&R) function with holistic credit analysis of issuers - for both ratings and research. Will review work produced by other more junior members of the team, and build on preliminary analysis to formulate more comprehensive credit analysis.
The AA2 role supports lead analysts in interactions with external markets, including issuers and investors. Operating as the single point of contact for (possibly multiple) lead analysts within the R&R function, the AA2 will liaise with multiple peers in varying locations.
The AA2 role provides an opportunity for the candidate to make a significant contribution towards the success of the RRS and R&R functions by providing a range of analytical support that contributes to overall credit analysis outcomes.
The AA2 role will focus primarily on the Financial Institutions Group- Banking, Securities, and Finance
as primary Line of Business (LOB), and will support vary portfolios and methodologies as part of career progression. There is also the potential for cross-training in other LOBs. The AA2 role provides a unique opportunity to develop strong analytical and professional skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. Key Responsibilities
- Provides analytical and research support on a portfolio of credits under the principal direction of lead analysts in the Ratings & Research function.
- Provides initial review and quality assessment of work products from more junior RRS associates .
- Performs holistic analysis of issuers and market and applies, with moderate guidance, relevant Moody's methodologies.
- Supports lead analysts in advanced and bespoke analytical tasks, examples include:
- Analysis of debt documentation; prepare rating committee memo; drafting of issuer and sector research; preparation of materials for issuer meetings and investor briefings.
- Provide credit specific nuance and identify credit issues that affect issuer ratings for discussion with lead analyst or RRS Team Manager.
- Effectively and persuasively communicates credit knowledge and rating analysis rationale in both written and oral form.
- Periodically accompanies lead analyst to issuer and investor meetings, and may lead certain issuer discussions; supports lead analyst in ongoing interactions.
- Attends/ presents certain sections of RC memos in certain Rating Committees (primarily for development purposes).
- Develops and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Performs certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks, as well as special projects as needed, under overall supervision of RRS manager
Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or other related fields
- In addition to an undergraduate degree, must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Proven credit experience e.g. at a bank, insurance company, asset manager, corporate or investor (in related field)
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint OR A dvanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Fluency in English is a must.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.