- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Permanent, Full time
Location: Buenos Aires, ArgentinaAn individual contributor responsible for internal and customer facing support related to the Know Your Customer (KYC) process, revenue recognition, regulations, projects and other onboarding items which are core knowledge areas for future career growth. Focuses mainly on the KYC activities at the start of the customer onboarding process and client acceptance procedures, at Manager's direction, may also work on other onboarding activities after handover to the Ratings team. Under the supervision of the Manager Sales Operations, works with internal Control functions to review and assess new and existing customers based on Anti-money Laundering (AML) regulations and KYC procedures. Also identifies and resolves issues causing unbilled and aged Accounts Receivable, produces reports to improve line of sight by the Sales function to issuer related issues and participates in projects focused on regulatory compliance and process improvement.
Purpose of role:
- Work alongside Commercial relationship management, Compliance and Legal teams to ensure that the firm's KYC/AML procedures are followed and activities comply with MIS internal controls and regulatory requirements
- Monitor mandates beginning at handover through to billing, provide customer support that improves the customer experience and ensures the Sales teams are able to focus on relevant customer related activities
- Participate in audits, internal system enhancements and projects as assigned.
Measured on: Timely completion of KYC cases, compliance with KYC procedures and performance on other relevant Sales Operations tasks
- Perform KYC/AML due diligence for new and existing clients using public and internal sources; conduct research and analysis, track and maintain documentation; meet quality and throughput targets.
- Closely follow-up with customers on outstanding documentation and information to meet KYC/AML guidelines; resolve KYC related problems from new and existing clients.
- Produce regular reporting on KYC/AML stats for internal stakeholders
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to address questions and issues arising from the KYC/AML process; escalate issues where necessary
- Assist and participate in the assigned projects
- Provide customer support by handling inbound inquiries from Issuers regarding Intralinks, VAT, billing and other invoicing issues.
- Work with Legal to address customer requirements for post hand-over deal related documentation
- Identify, recommend and work on implementation of opportunities to improve the MIS commercial processes, AML/KYC procedures, and Salesforce data quality in order to improve the issuer experience.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships within various internal stakeholders, including Legal, Compliance, Pricing, GMO, Billing and Collections.
- Will be responsible for generating reports (e.g. Daily ratings report, creating/adjustment of VAT forms, providing support by gathering data, performing data entry and data clean-up related tasks.
- Provide support during internal, external and regulatory audits.
The selected candidate will be a part of the wider regional Commercial group , and work closely with colleagues located in other Americas offices. The Commercial department is responsible for developing commercial relationships with rating clients across 25 countries in Americas, covering financial institutions, corporates, sovereigns and sub-sovereigns; as well as all classes of structured finance transactions
The Sales Operations team works with groups around the globe in order to enhance and improve workflow, systems and efficiency for the Commercial Group. This team is responsible for enabling new business processes that lead to better quality of regulations and compliance procedures. This teams works closely with new and retuning clients to ensures they complete their transactions successfully.
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree. Areas of preference- Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Legal or Similar
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, Spanish and Portuguese is required.
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Microsoft Office applications, PowerPoint and Advanced Excel
- Good knowledge of general information systems. Will need to perform online due diligence searches and ensure quality of related analysis.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem-solving, ability to be assess issues/problems and be able to suggest solutions and resolve them, escalating where appropriate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop influence skills
- Ability to be flexible, work under tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work and deliver results quickly.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task
- Ability to report and work in multi-cultural team spread in various locations
- Highly motivated team player, self-starter and able to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Ability to easily and effectively engage with external customers in writing and verbally
- Good knowledge of capital markets and countries within LATAM region
- Relevant KYC/AML experience in the financial industry will be highly advantageous
- Ability to understand ratings, legal and compliance matters
- Relevant work experience in finance services industry is advantageous; preference given to prior KYC/AML, audit and/or compliance experience
- Relevant qualification in Financial Crime Compliance or AML is preferred (e.g. CAMS)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.