VP Fixed Income Sales
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Aug 17
To distribute Capital Market products (primarily bonds and sukuks) to corporate, F.I. and non-banking F.I. (NBFI) clients. To communicate with clients to market and execute trades in primary and secondary credit markets. To help develop products/solutions and assist in setting up the required platform across operations, legal, compliance and credit etc. To cover the clients for end-to-end process of setting up lines and documentation to executing and settlement of the trades
Job Title: VP, Fixed Income Sales
Department: Sales & Distribution, Treasury & Financial Markets
Reports To: Head of Sales & Distribution with matrix line into Head of Capital Markets
Location: Dubai, UAE
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Responsible for supporting a credit flow business from expanding the relationships, executing and marketing to corporate & institutional clients including FIs, NBFIs, Sovereign/Central Banks.
- Executing trades across credit and capturing ancillary business across clients from new issuances.
- Primary responsibility to execute Capital Markets credit flow business across the group's network.
- Take a lead role in the distribution of new issuance and secondary bonds and sukuk transactions.
- Work internally on products, lines, documentation and systems with relevant teams to deliver a comprehensive treasury distribution platform for clients.
- Provide hedging solutions on the back of primary and secondary credit flows.
- Maintain relationships with corporate, institutional, FI and NBFI clients & identify prospective clients.
- Understand client needs, and have the ability to cross-sell the Bank’s product range and introduce opportunities seen in the secondary market to relevant product area / relationship manager.
- Take a lead role in preparing, where relevant, teasers/pitches to clients, mandate letters and internal credit approvals.
- Assist in the drafting and finalisation of the legal documentation.
- Be conversant with the entire CM product suite and roll out the product suite in the group's target markets.
- Work closely with the RM teams to capture the flows on back of client relationships. This will include regular education of the product suite to the RMs and other core stakeholders in the Bank, with regular follow-up.
- To work with Product Heads such as the Head of Islamic Banking, Head of Syndications, Head of Sales, Head of Trading, Head of CB&FI etc., to cross fertilize the businesses and maximize revenue to the group
- Build an active and cooperative relationship with the Treasury & Financial Markets team to enhance both the Sales & Distribution business and assist in the development of Capital Markets business for the group.
- Have a strong understanding of relevant regulation in the geographies where the group operates.
- Maintain and manage pipelines for Sales & Distribution. Have regular pipeline meetings and build a robust pipeline for Sales & Distribution.
- With guidance from Head of Sales & Distribution, help develop and implement the FI Sales strategy and build out this product offering.
- Actively monitor the progress of the FI Sales strategy (i.e. financial and business performance) and make amendments based on changes in the market and the group’s overall strategy.
Risk, Compliance & Business Continuity:
- At all times, act with due care, skill and diligence to ensure compliance with the group’s risk culture, policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Values.
- Ensure a climate of openness, transparency and accountability for compliance with external regulations and internal risk policies and procedures, where issues are raised and escalated, as appropriate and required, in a timely manner.
- Ensure that stakeholders and reports are educated on risk and compliance matters, and that all employees in reporting line complete mandatory training to schedule.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for your area(s) of responsibility are clearly documented, stored in an accessible manner, and kept up to date.
- Participate in exercises to rehearse the banks response to an emergency situation (i.e. evacuation exercises and Business Continuity tests)
- Manage risk parameters applicable to the FI Sales business including regulatory, compliance, operations risk etc.
- Adhere fully to Risk approvals, including the management of managing maximum holding periods.
- Provide input, comments and undertakings as part of the Bank’s approval process, where there is a requirement to underwrite for subsequent sell down of an asset.
- Stay in close contact with the secondary market in order to read market trends, changes in prices and the perception of risk (primarily market risk). Such information to be relayed to Senior Management as and when appropriate.
- Comply with all operating standards, legal, compliance and reporting requirements of the Bank.
- Comply with the Bank’s risk management policies and procedures.
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
- To be able to cover clients for distribution of Capital Markets products (e.g. bonds and sukuks).
- To maintain relationships with corporate, institutional and NBFI clients and be able to market and execute credit trades as well as propose hedging solutions around primary and secondary credit flows.
- This role involves being a senior member of a nascent Capital Markets & DIFC platform and to help consolidate, formalize and grow the existing infrastructure within the Bank.
- The role will be working in a very competitive market, driven principally by competition and market dynamics (e.g. pricing, availability of liquidity, etc.).
- This role will only succeed with the collaboration and positive involvement of all relevant stakeholders.
- The group: Staff from Fixed Income Sales, other Capital Markets units, RMs from Wholesale Banking, T&FM, Risk, HR, Operations, IT, Legal, Compliance, Finance.
- External: Clients (current and prospective), intermediaries (legal firms, accountants, banks), regulators, attendance at conferences, etc.
- Assist with relevant documents for Capital Markets Management Group (CMMG)
- First class demonstrable knowledge of Fixed Income products, and proven ability to cross-sell other relevant products (e.g. other Capital Markets, Treasury and WB products)
Education / Certifications
- BSc or MA/BA in Finance related, MBA/CFA (although not necessary)
- Experience covering Fixed Income Sales & Distribution and financial markets in the GCC/Middle East (preferably the group's footprint)
- Full understanding of Capital Markets framework including policies and procedures
- Experience of how Fixed Income Sales & Distribution is positioned as part of a broader CM strategy and has the ability to drive a holistic CM structure (including working with other distribution units)
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of FI Sales & Distribution products
- Demonstrated skills and ability to be help lead a business line
- Front line client experience and ability to deal with client demands
- Understanding of complex projects involving multiple products and/or geographic groups and able to help manage in a systematic and structured manner
- Up-to-date understanding of global banking regulatory developments
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of origination, structuring and distribution.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- A team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others