Senior Manager, Card Operations - UAE
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 20 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
* To manage the Credit Card Operations teams (Financial & Non financials), New Applications, SWITCH, Recon, Disputes, Settlements, Complaints for UAE in GSSC for BAU activities.
* Ensure a robust reconciliation process, exception entry and Nostro o/s entry clearing.
* Supervise the team on the BAU activities.
* To ensure all processes are backed up with process documentation.
* To train & Cross train the staff within the Unit.
* To effectively manage the Team from a cost/benefit/risk/service perspective.
* To manage the back office processing relationship and arrangement with GSSC Hubb effectively and ensure that there is no adverse impact on BAU, Service Quality and Controls
Strategy Formulation & Execution, and Financial Management
* Ensure that all processes/practices in the Unit comply with the Bank's risk and compliance procedures to minimize security and risk exposure.
* Ensure adherence to KCS/KRI and surface appropriate issues as per the defined escalation frameworks.
* Ensure that all BIA, BCP and DR related activities are smoothly carried out for Lending Operations
* Ensure that all GL accounts tagged to the Lending Operations Unit are timely reconciled and there are no discrepant or unexplained out standings.
Service Quality / Delivery
* Ensure that efficient and quality services are provided to both internal and external customers that meet or exceed agreed service standards.
* Continuously review procedures, controls and systems for improvements in quality, efficiency & TAT which may lead to system enhancements, optimization of resources, costs savings & reduction / eradication of redundancies & inefficiencies.
* To ensure that effective & updated Service Level Agreements are maintained with all relevant stakeholders and are accordingly met.
* To monitor closure of complaints & outstanding issues of the unit to ascertains that it does not attain critical status.
* Interact with other departments & stakeholders of the Bank to build synergies, ensuring that goals & objectives are keeping in view the wider interests of the organization.
Leadership, People & Community Development
* Drive and embed a strong performance culture through inspiring, motivating and rigorous performance management discipline
* Develop and build talents within Lending Operations through optimal resourcing, capacity planning, succession planning and engagements
* Assume personal responsibility for Credit Card Operations Staff productivity and performance relating to daily activities performed.
* Lead in building Credit Card Operations profile through strong internal & external networking & alliances building
* Constantly monitor the performance of staff - manage & motivate them, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of performance.
Risk management & control
* Ensure compliance with external and internal regulations and policies covering Operational, Credit, Reputational and People Risk
* Achieve KPIs set for operational, credit, people and risk parameters
* Recognize and exercise sound commercial judgment & respond and resolve issues appropriately
* Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct.
* Sound knowledge of all aspects of general banking, retail operations and credit operations and audit requirements, as applicable.
* Awareness of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention.
* Ensure all AML/CDD policies and procedures as per group and the local regulators are adhered to.
* Ensure zero tolerance method for this aspect, within the team/unit. Report any breaches or suspicious personal/relationships to the local L&C.
* Ensure to remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the bank's effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers. Ensure staff are trained in combating money laundering
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 02/10/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.