- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Aug 17
Analyst / AVP-Analyst - Sovereign (Middle East Focus)
Location: Dubai, United Arab EmiratesThe Role / Responsibilities
We have an opportunity for an Analyst / AVP-Analyst in Moody's Sovereign Risk Group (SRG) to join the Dubai-based team and be responsible for the credit analysis of a portfolio of sovereign governments and multinational development banks, with a focus on Middle East sovereign and supranational issuers, GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) in particular.
The Analyst will provide an insightful credit analysis, maintaining the adequacy of ratings for which he or she is responsible, responding to investor inquiries, contributing to Moody's global sovereign risk analysis, participating in and representing the group at conferences and meetings, and writing reports. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of credit trends affecting sovereigns and multi-lateral institutions. The analyst is to manage effective interaction with government and supranational representatives, investors and other market participants.
- Perform in-depth fundamental credit analysis on a regular basis on each issuer in a portfolio of sovereign entities and multinational development banks
- Maintain currency of credit ratings for issuers in portfolio
- Demonstrate In-depth knowledge on the issuers portfolio
- Present recommendations and credit analyses to rating committees
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends, market and political developments, including annual credit reports, periodic credit opinion reports, special comments and short articles on current topics
- Actively participate in regular outreach events such as investor briefings, teleconferences, conferences and third party presentations
- Attend and conduct analytical meetings with issuers
- Communicate with investors and other market participants about Moody's credit ratings, credit analysis and market views
- Adhere to applicable codes of conduct, policies, procedures and best practices
The Department / Team:
National governments are the largest capital market borrowers. Moody's Sovereign Risk Group provides ratings and research on sovereign and supranational issuers. Moody's sovereign ratings entail not only a quantitative analysis, but also a qualitative understanding of historical, political and cultural factors that do not easily lend themselves to quantification. Moody's sovereign ratings are based on a globally consistent and transparent methodological approach to assessing credit risk.
- Relevant experience in sovereign credit analysis or related experience
- Good understanding of the economic, financial, political and institutional challenges and issues facing countries, sovereigns and supranationals
- Prior experience covering macroeconomic, public policy and/or sovereign credit analysis in the Middle East would be advantagous
- Strong background in macroeconomic analysis with particular expertise in fiscal and balance of payments analysis
- Strong academic background - Graduate degree in Economics or related field strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Sound judgment - capable of developing independent opinion and defending own views
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Good IT competency skills including advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written) is essential. Fluency in Arabic is highly desirable. Other languages would be an asset too.
- Willingness to travel (meetings with government officials and private sector entities in country)
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent Moody's effectively at a senior level
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.