Manager - Channels & Integration Service Support
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi
- 23 Sep 16
PURPOSE OF JOB : The Manager of IT Channels & Integration Services Support is responsible for overseeing the Application Support Teams / Analysts to ensure that all activities are designed to deliver a quality user experience. The Application Support Manager is responsible for enhancing the
PURPOSE OF JOB :
The Manager of IT Channels & Integration Services Support is responsible for overseeing the Application Support Teams / Analysts to ensure that all activities are designed to deliver a quality user experience. The Application Support Manager is responsible for enhancing the capabilities and efficiencies of the Organization’s application portfolio by analyzing business applications and system needs while working with the business units and IT personnel in the development and support of the company’s business processes and strategies. This includes support in the implementation of targeted systems and functionality to optimize business processes.
- Ensures maximum uptime and stability of enterprise applications and customer facing systems based on established service level agreements
- Responsible to ensure that the applications met their required service levels.
- Establish and document operating procedures which include relevant controls to meet ITD Department and local policy requirements.
- Scope and Key Role Deliverables: Criteria/results by which success can be measured
- Effective management of the Application Support teams’ services
- Lead and drive continuous improvement and innovation, both in processes and services, by identifying system bottlenecks and opportunities for processing improvements.
- Provide an escalation route for issues reported to the Incident Management team, resolving where possible in a timely manner, or escalating to external supplier where appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate key stakeholders, business partner relationships and supplier relationships.
- Perform in-depth research and identify sources of production issues.
- Develop / utilize core support tools and processes to perform work while improving day-to-day practices for support team members with the goal of delivering service improvements to the business.
- Coordinate and work with the global production support team
- Application Monitoring, Application Tuning
- Manage IT vendor contracts, outsourcing, and software licenses
- Establish and maintain budget for enterprise and business unit operations software applications
- Establish and maintain risk assessment to identify and assess the material risks that arise in their area of responsibility.
- Strong sense of ownership - Feeling of personal accountability for all areas directly or indirectly supporting the business/service area for which they are responsible. Willingness to drive people on all sides of an issue to a common understanding and then drive them toward resolution.
- Communication – Should be able to clearly communicate ideas in technical or business terms with senior business leadership, leadership outside the LOB (internal or external), their peers across IT, as well as their team.
- Leadership - Assess a situation, prioritize requirements, and then go out to any IT team, including both development and infrastructure, and get support as needed.
- Self-Directed - Has a strong sense of self and purpose. Understands tasks and role, and does not need daily reassurances, yet maintains an open dialogue with all of the stakeholders.
- Experience of senior stakeholder and relationship management.
- Strong line and people management skills developed through running delivery focused teams.
- Ability to work on own initiative, to question and to challenge in order to deliver optimum services.
- Strong communicator with good customer engagement and business liaison skills.
- Ability to work with suppliers (internal & external) and understand related issues and solutions.
- Experience managing and supporting a core processing system in the financial services industry required.