BlackRock Data Center Engineer
- Not Specified
- Wenatchee, WA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
Corporate Services contributes to the continued success of BlackRock through strategic solutions and business services that provide each employee with an efficient, resilient, safe and high-performance work experience. Corporate Services is comprised of five key functions – Business Management, Business Services, Corporate Real Estate
Corporate Services contributes to the continued success of BlackRock through strategic solutions and business services that provide each employee with an efficient, resilient, safe and high-performance work experience. Corporate Services is comprised of five key functions – Business Management, Business Services, Corporate Real Estate Services, Corporate Resilience, Safety & Security and Facilities Management.
The Corporate Real Estate Services division integrates the Real Estate, Design & Construction, Critical Engineering and Data Center Operation functions to facilitate service delivery for the firm. The Critical Engineering and Data Center Operations teams are responsible for Data Centers operations. Our data centers house mission critical systems that support Blackrock’s businesses. These facilities operate 24/7 and risks must be managed to allow for continual operational up-time.
The Data Center Engineer will have responsibility for the operations and maintenance at BlackRock’s data center. The DC Engineer will report directly to the Chief Engineer. Responsibilities include the support of all data center engineering and technology operations, facility and grounds maintenance, and other site support functions. ct providers that support the Facility and Technology Infrastructure Systems.
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspects of Data Center Critical Infrastructure Systems and equipment in order to immediately recognize system issues and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Operations of the data center.
- Responsibility for compliance with BlackRock’s Change Management System.
- Adherence to all BlackRock standard operating procedures, method of procedures, and emergency response procedures established for the mission critical environments and systems.
- Adherence to the standards and procedures as set forth in the BlackRock Data Center Procedures Manual and the Data Center Access Control Policies. When noted, suggestions for improvement are encouraged to support BlackRock’s value of Innovation.
- Conduct routine and ongoing assessment of the infrastructure systems operations. Perform tests, rounds, and analyze data to assure the proper functioning of all equipment.
- Responsibility for managing the IT work order system (Service Manager 9) to ensure that all internal SLA’s are met.
- Execution of the preventative maintenance procedures for all critical infrastructure systems.
- Availability for 24/7/365 coverage and emergency response to infrastructure and IT equipment failures.
- Work closely with the Global Critical Engineering & Global Technology teams to provide guidance/expertise on design goals, operational characteristics, and infrastructure systems to ensure efficient, maintainable operations.
- Performing tape rotations and custody transfers.
- Implementing Data Destruction procedures
- Performing inventory management.
- Supervision and coordination of site cleaning services.
- Daily logging of environmental and electrical data.
- Shipping and receiving of all Data Center equipment.
- Testing and Tracing network cabling infrastructure
- Installation of servers and network cabling infrastructure. This includes terminating and testing fiber, Cat 6, and COAX cables.
- Associates’ degree in Engineering, Facilities Engineering, Data Center Operations, Military, or equivalent related life experience preferred.
- One to three years of data center operations, building engineering, facilities management, or related experience.
- Strong knowledge of mission critical cooling systems, power systems, mechanical systems, and fire suppression systems.
- Project management skills.
- IT, Electrical, or HVAC certifications or licenses a plus.
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Office, Outlook Auto Cad and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software.
- Candidate must be available for shift work, weekend work, and on-call escalated problems on a 24/7 basis.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.