Network Engineer - Houston - perm
- Houston, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Sep 16
Network Engineer - Houston - perm
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
- Senior resource responsible for infrastructure components within the global operating environment.
- Identifying and performing proactive platform systems management
- Own and resolve production issues escalated from L2 support, mentoring others and creating knowledgebase articles where possible.
- Ongoing upgrade and maintenance of associated platform hardware.
- Maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Perform root-cause analysis and solving complex problems.
- Preparation of operational reports relating to the platforms
- Work with design teams to review operational readiness of new projects, and contribute to solution designs and develop standards where appropriate
- Work with product vendor to troubleshoot complex issues and identify new capabilities to meet changing business requirements
- Providing first-class system support from initial contact to closure.
- Executing maintenance and disaster recovery tests on a scheduled basis or as required or requested.
- Implementing regular, approved system patches and change requests
- Working with global infrastructure teams to implement/execute change requests.
- Identifying, reporting and fixing of poorly performing systems using agreed monitoring tools and processes
- Troubleshooting production problems and issues using structured processes
- Change management and execution using a defined process.
- University degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent
- Ability to work co-operatively with global technology teams
- An ability to lead, mentor and instruct less experienced team members.
- A quick-thinking problem solver, able to assimilate data rapidly in order to present solutions to difficult day-to-day incidents.
- A strong, dynamic character, capable dealing effectively with colleagues and business users working in a constantly evolving environment across multiple time-zones and cultures
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and when faced with adversity or urgent issues
- Customer-focused with a "service first" mentality and best-in-class communication skills
- A self-starter who assumes responsibility for a range of activities and tasks
- Ability to view current processes and procedures as opportunities for enhancement, tuning and improvement.
Key Skill Requirements
- Minimum 5 years in a senior networking position managing high-end Palo Alto firewall appliances in complex enterprise environments.
- Expert level knowledge of Palo Alto security features including Threat Prevention, App-ID, Content-ID, SSL decryption, WildFire, Traps, URL filtering, GlobalProtect and Panorama.
- Understanding of network security concepts such as advanced persistent threats, intrusion prevention, cyber kill chain, zero-day malware, network sandboxing, and targeted attacks.
- Strong network troubleshooting skills with ability to perform manual packet analysis using tcpdump and Wireshark.
- Proven hands on experience with Aruba ClearPass or similar NAC products such as Cisco ISE.
- Basic working knowledge of UNIX, SNMP, RADIUS, 802.1x and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Strong working knowledge of F5 APM, LTM, and GTM.
- Able to install, configure, implement, troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade F5 devices in various application environments.
- Experience with scripting and troubleshooting F5 iRules.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Advertised: 22 Jul 2016 Central Standard Time