Location: West Chester, PA, USAMoody's Analytics Economics Division is seeking a DevOps Architect for its West Chester, PA office. The DevOps Engineer position requires a motivated, driven, and passionate individual who enjoys solving challenging problems. He/she will be part of a small, collaborative team that participates across various aspects of DevOps including automation, configuration, build and deploy activities, and support of end to end solutions. This position will have a focus on both relational and non-relational database infrastructures.
- Develop automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their database applications in on-premise data centers and in cloud
- Actively participate in high level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations
- Coordination with development team workflows across environments
- Help solve business needs with technology by evaluating different technology options and vendor products
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains - will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues
- Takes ownership of end-to-end solutions provided by teams across the organization and monitoring of database infrastructure.
Economics and Structured Analytics
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 0-3 years of experience. Entry level considered with experience.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with production load balancing to many backend application servers
- Experience setting up and managing database clusters.
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working closely within small teams
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must to liaison with development teams, other corporate teams, and vendors.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows and Linux server architectures, software, and .NET applications.
- Strong Experience with relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with non-relational databases including Redis and Mongo.
- Strong troubleshooting skills required to diagnose issues across a wide variety of platforms
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS/Azure is a plus)
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion and Git
- Experience with automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, PowerShell)
- Strong understanding of Active Directory topology, network, and Administration
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.