Associate Business Analyst - Financial Systems
• Enter and apply all global cash receipts and investigate/resolve unidentified and unapplied cash receipts. Process daily cash validation report.
• Assist domestic and international Collection Associates research unresolved accounts.
• Process financial adjustments (cash transfers, write-off's and unposting) as requested from issuer relations.
• Process and report on all credit card payments.
• Process and report on all PayPal sales and payments.
• Assist in gathering requirements for process automations, and communicating these to the appropriate departments for implementation.
• Perform System Functionality and User Acceptance Testing to ensure proper revenue recognition, efficient and accurate cash application functionality and financial reporting.
• Work closely with IT teams to ensure Accounts Receivable, Billing, Revenue Accounting, and Accounts Payable requirements are adequately captured and communicated for all projects.
• Prepare for User Acceptance Testing when necessary, ensuring all possible scenarios are captured, prepare testing documentation, assign testers and make certain that system access is available prior to UAT.
• Prepare transition plan post UAT/pre-rollout which will address the team training and transition of new duties/processes to related teams.
• Provide support and training to Accounts Receivable (Cash Application), Accounts Payable and Revenue Accounting team members on new reports, processes, procedures prior to implementation as required.
• Recommend improvements to the existing workflow, document and execute approved changes/processes.
• Troubleshoot issues that arise in the department related to projects and system functionality.
• Comply with key controls as mandated by Sarbanes Oxley.
•Must have 1-2 years of experience in an accounting or accounting system related function
•Should have familiarity with P&L and Balance Sheet
•Should have prior experience in financial services industry, dealing with a wide range of individuals and departments.
•Prior experience working with PeopleSoft or any major AR system is desired but not necessary.
Computer Application Experience:
•Proficient in Microsoft Office primarily Excel and Word
•Some experience with Microsoft PowerPoint is desirable as well as Microsoft Access and Projects, but not necessary.
•Enterprise software suite knowledge (PeopleSoft, Hyperion or SAP ) preferred
•Job knowledge and technical skills
•Strong organization and time management skills
•Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal skills) and be able to interface with individuals at all levels
•Ability to adapt to fast pace and growing environment
• Must be detail oriented
• Should be a team player
•Must demonstrate problem solving skills and judgment
•Should take initiative where appropriate and be results oriented
•Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or equivalent, required
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.