Asset Management, Mortgage Underwriting Supervisor, Analyst/Associate, Westerville, OH
- Westerville, OH, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 16
See job description for details
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Private Banking Mortgage Center provides end to end mortgage origination in all 50 states for Private Banking clients with unique needs. Our loans are generally complex transactions due to the financial diversity and sophistication of the client base. Our clients expect the highest levels of quality service throughout the process, resulting in an exceptional client experience.
The mortgage center supervisor has direct responsibility for managing the day to day execution of the team's responsibilities, as well as the resolution of issues related to the underwriting team. As a supervisor of the underwriting department, you will oversee a team of 4-8 underwriters responsible for but not limited to:
- Manage a staff of underwriters, to include the hiring, coaching and development of staff to maximize production results and efficiencies. Responsible for evaluating and managing performance, conducting performance reviews, development of staff to include corrective action and termination recommendations, managing schedules and approving time. Conduct regular team meetings to ensure that staff is informed and aware of changes impacting their role and the department.Underwrite mortgage loans for high net worth individuals.
- The mortgage supervisor manages and prioritizes the workflow for the day to day operation of the Underwriting team to maximize productivity and quality. Ensure that department standards, volumes, and SLAs are met. Ensure compliance with process and procedures, as well as maintaining high customer service levels for internal partners and customers. Regularly monitor incoming volumes to ensure appropriate alignment of headcount and resources.
- Collaborate with the mortgage advisory team and internal mortgage center partners to resolve production, quality, and service related issues within the team and the Mortgage Center more broadly. Participate in projects related to productivity improvements, compliance, and others matters as needed.
- Monitor and identify trends, best practices, and regulatory developments. Recommend suggestions for improving efficiencies within the department, as well as more broadly within the Mortgage Center. Recommend and document changes to process and policy. Oversee compliance with regulatory requirements that impact the department, including Regulations Z and B, RESPA and HMDA.
position. Your continued employment in this position would be contingent upon compliance with Truth in Lending Act/Dodd Frank Loan
In addition, this position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with JPMorgan Chase, you will be required to either register on NMLS, or to update your existing registration as necessary to grant access to and reflect your employment with JPMorgan Chase. Your continued employment in this
position with JPMorgan Chase is contingent upon compliance with the SAFE Act, including successful registration immediately after your start date, and timely completion of annual renewal and required updates thereafter.
Any information obtained during the registration, update, and renewal processes or through NMLS notifications may impact your employment with the firm. Any of the completed information you provide during the Chase on-line application process may be transferred, on your behalf, to NMLS by JPMorgan Chase. Please carefully review the information you provide to Chase for accuracy and consistency and with any current NMLS record, if applicable, before submitting. Further information about NMLS and registration requirements of registration can be found at: http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/SAFE/Pages/default.aspx.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Typically a minimum of 5 years mortgage operations experience; preferably with Underwriting knowledge of Jumbo mortgages and/or complex financing considerations
- Typically 1-3 years mortgage operations supervisory or management experience, including experience coaching, team-building, and mentoring others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to manage and maintain productivity during peak periods, high volumes, and stressful situations .
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow and priorities.
- Proven record of reliable customer service to internal and external customers.
- Proficient PC skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook
- High school diploma or equivalent required