Associate, Agency Field Operations
- Sleepy Hollow, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 19 Jan 17
Associate, Agency Field Operations
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
General Profile :
This Associate coordinates the daily activities of the Company's three Advisory Groups - the Agent's Advisory Council (AAC), the Managing Partners Advisory Council (MPAC) and the Advisory Board of Directors (ABD).
• The primary function of this role is to manage incoming Field requests through the AAC suggestion process, which manages the 1,000+ suggestions received by the agents over the course of each year as well as a separate centralized mailbox. This includes tracking each through a database management process, determining the appropriate business area to review each suggestion and reviewing the responses for detail and accuracy before routing them to the appropriate Agent committee for final review.
• Direct the technology teams to make changes and enhancements to the database, perform maintenance and annual updates to the workflow process. This includes testing, providing oversight to technology team and reporting results back to team.
• Plan and execute logistics for six off site meetings, coordinate between each Advisory Group, their partners in the various departments and the manager of the unit to facilitate a collaborative process.
• Manage on boarding activities for new members of each group as directed by unit head.
• Perform due diligence and coordinate agents' compliance profile reviews with Agency Standards and Corporate Compliance to ensure that candidates running for the Agents Advisory Council satisfy the qualification requirements.
• Prepare meeting notices for conference calls and in person meetings, record meeting attendance and perform follow-up task as directed.
• Perform other administrative functions for the unit as directed.
Functional Knowledge :
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent business experience
• Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access)
• Data analytics skills, spreadsheet, workflow management and prioritization skills are a must
• Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills
• Fast learner to be able to make the appropriate decisions for suggestion processing
• Writing skills preferred
• Understanding of all aspects of company operation, products and job functions to properly assign and track suggestion management system using Lotus Notes databases
• Exceptional database capabilities and high level of organizational and tracking skills; ability to manage tasks for the three different groups simultaneously without decrease in quality of work; agility and sense of urgency to handle short notice requests
• Ability to work with liaisons from the other divisons to complete suggestion responses; coordination with outside vendor for annual update of General Office recognition plaques, which requires coordination with the vendor to create a production proof for about two dozen offices and arrange for distribution
Problem Solving : Facilitation of the suggestion process requires an understanding of the core products and processes of the company leading to the proper routing, tracking and resolution of all suggestions; resolving suggestions sometimes requires the ability to find and suggest a compromise between the advisory group and the business area or explain to one of the parties what the position is of the other party
Decision Making/ Nature of Impact : The planning and execution of six advisory group meetings held in NYC requires project planning, which this role will facilitate. Dates, deliverables and knowing what is required of each meeting will be part of this role. Must be able to work independently, but know when to consult with the Manager.
Communication Requirements : Negotiations between business areas and group representatives on suggestion process and resolution; advisory group meeting details to members; instructions to internal and external vendors
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.