Web Sourced Data Equity Research Analyst Hedge Fund
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Analytic Recruiting Inc.
- 21 Sep 16
A New York based hedge fund specializing in telecommunications, media, and technology (TMT) equity investments is looking for Data Scientist who can create a data driven research infrastructure to analyze web data of publicly traded companies to help estimate quarterly performance metrics and better understand long term business trends.
- Analyze web data about publicly traded companies
- Big Data Research- Dig deep into large data sets of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data to identify patterns that will help the team make more informed decisions.
- Data Mining and Data Manipulation to extract timely and meaningful insights
- Use Business Intelligence tools and applications to identify and understand trends
- Apply machine learning concepts into investment research as required
- Assess data quality, identify data integrity issues
- Build tools and applications and present data and findings that will help to generate industry leading returns
- Strong Statistical Background and Machine Learning experience
- Strong Data Mining/Data Manipulation skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets.
- Quantitative Degree Computer Science, Stats, Math, Finance from a top university
- Programming skills ( C++, Python, Java) other scripting languages
- Statistical Modeling (R, SPSS, SAS)
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Passion for conducting data mining research and applying to investment decision making
- Curiosity about financial markets.
This is a demanding role that will require data base design experience and proven experience scraping and parsing web based data for nuggets of information. Candidates do not need to have previous experience in the financial markets but must bring a passion for data mining and statistical modeling. This is a unique opportunity for someone with a passion for generating insights from data to leverage these skills in an investment management opportunity.
Keywords: Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Business Intelligence, Text Mining, Web Scraping, Parsing, Python, Scripting, Data Analyst, MapReduce, Hadoop, Java
Please refer to Job #22310 - and send MS Word attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org