VP Volcker Compliance Advisory
- Base salary, bonus and excellent benefits.
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Forum Group
- 18 Sep 17
Our client, a global investment banks seeks to hire an experienced Compliance Professional on Volcker Compliance team to provide global and cross-divisional (Global Markets, Asset Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Private Wealth & Commercial Clients) Compliance support on the Volcker Rule.
• Member of Volcker Compliance team advising front office and infrastructure functions with respect to the design and implementation of the Enterprise Volcker Compliance Program globally
• Advise front office and Infrastructure Functions in the design and implementation of new controls and the enhancement of existing controls
• Assist in preparing senior management and board level reports on the status of the Enterprise Compliance Program
• Facilitate engagement with US Regulators as part of examinations related to the firm’s Enterprise Compliance Program.
• Work with Legal and Outside Counsel to interpret the applicability of the Volcker Rule to the bank’s various businesses on a cross-divisional basis
• Review Independent Testing and Audit Reports and assist stakeholders in implementing remediation plans.
• Support the firm’s CEO sub-attestation process, including overseeing quality assurance on documents submitted in connection with over 300 sub-attestations
• Assist in maintaining the firm’s Volcker Compliance Manual and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Conduct the firm’s annual Volcker Risk Assessment in cooperation with business line Compliance and the Compliance Risk Assessment team.
• Participate in the firm’s senior governance forums relating to the Volcker Rule.
• Create and manage action plans for the various Compliance deliverables associated with the rule.
• Lead or assist with training on the Volcker Rule, including, as necessary, developing and delivering Volcker training to front office and infrastructure functions.
Level of Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
• Bachelors degree;
• 7+ years of general broker-dealer or bank legal/regulatory/compliance experience, preferably in an investment bank or law firm;
• Strong working knowledge of the Volcker Rule;
• Knowledge of the 1940 Investment Company Act and CFTC Rules a plus;
• Familiarity with Regulatory Reform including Dodd Frank;
• Experience with drafting and implementing policies and procedures;
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-border environment, leveraging and sharing best practices and insights of Legal and Compliance colleagues globally;
• Strong strategic, problem solving and analytical skills, while comfortable navigating uncertainty and ambiguity;
• Ability to conduct self-directed due diligence and confidence and willingness to challenge front-office
• Ability to work diligently on multiple projects in a fast paced environment;
• Excellent writing and organizational skills;
• Highest ethical standards and integrity;
• Legal degree or MBA a plus, but not necessary
• Regulatory experience desired.