- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 17
The incumbent will be required to foster and develop relationships and obtain Treasury business with new and existing corporate customers and financial institutions. Working in close coordination with the Relationship Managers and the Branch Treasurer, the incumbent will help create and action a marketing strategy for each customer, enabling the Bank to identify and capture treasury product business opportunities, particularly in current and interest rate hedging and related structured products.
Financial- NY treasury team and individual revenue and deposit budgets/targets are determined on an annual basis based on the current portfolio and realistic expectations for business growth over a 12-18 months horizon.
Non-Financial - 1 of 2 Treasury team members covering North American clients doing business in the Middle East North Africa region and other Group network locations.
- Lead sales efforts to increase the marketing and development of Group’s treasury products, acting as the central point of contact for the Group’s North America Treasury Sales activities
- Manage the marketing and sales effort with the Bank’s product areas and relationship managers in conjunction with the Treasury Sales desk in the Head Office and other group’s global treasury units
- Maintain close working relationships with the Head of Treasury and the Group Head of Sales & Distribution
- Demonstrate continual efforts towards implementing the agreed Treasury marketing strategy via generation of new and repeat revenue opportunities and dedicated client calling and visit programs
- Identify new opportunities for NY Branch by seeking a deep understanding of the customer’s business and country-specific needs
- Ensure effective and timely execution of treasury products, including foreign exchange/interest rate swaps and options, non-deliverable forward contacts (NDFs), and money market products
- Negotiate and propose new credit limits for Treasury products on behalf of the Branch’s clients working with the Credit & Risk department to ensure the products and limits conform with the Branch’s risk appetite and return requirements
- Cooperate with the Branch’s risk management staff with active monitoring and reporting related to existing and new credit exposures for treasury products
- Work closely with Branch and Group Compliance teams to ensure all counterparty KYC/CIP remains up to date and periodic compliance risk assessments are completed and updated, as necessary
- Demonstrate innovative and creative thought leadership in providing proposals that could contribute to increase Branch & Group revenues while effectively mitigating any related risk
- Proactively seeks to remain up to date on the most innovative thinking, trends and changes that impact our industry and business through industry associations, conferences and other external sources of information in order to be a thought leader within the Branch and the Bank; and actively engages in cross fertilization of ideas to benefit the unit and the wider Branch.
Risk, Compliance & Business Continuity: At all times, the incumbent will act with due care, skill and diligence to ensure compliance with Bank’s risk culture, policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Values. The incumbent will strictly adhere to all bank requirements related to BSA/AML, OFAC and US PATRIOT Act policies. The incumbent will escalate compliance and risk issues in a timely manner and ensure that all mandatory training is completed on schedule. The incumbent will actively participate in exercises to rehearse the bank’s response to an emergency situation (e.g., evacuation exercises, business continuity tests, etc.).
Job Context: The incumbent will be the lead treasury sales officer for the NY Branch and the primary back-up to the Treasurer. The position requires the ability to execute transactions with customers, counterparties, and the rest of the Group. Coordination with the other departments within the NY Branch is crucial, especially compliance and operations. The position will also involve active pursuit of new funding sources for the Branch, particularly deposits from non-bank counterparties. The incumbent will liaise with the Treasury and Treasury Sales staff across the group’s global network to obtain and provide timely market insight on events in the Middle East North Africa region and the Americas that could potentially impact customer business or risk strategies.
- B.A., M.B.A a plus, CTP Preferred
- 10+ years Financial Markets experience
- High competency in knowledge of treasury products and global financial markets
- Thorough knowledge of foreign exchange, interest rates, dividends, and structured treasury products
- Working knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements, particularly as they relate to the Dodd-Frank Act, the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC regulations
- Must work efficiently within the Treasury team, as well as act as a leader and coordinator between Bank staff, customers and other product groups
- High level of interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work directly with Corporate Treasury teams and CFOs as well as with Relationship Managers to develop and grow the client base
- Capability to multi-task and work seamlessly across product groups
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Driven, goal oriented self-starter
We are an equal opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.