Transaction Banking Solutions Analyst
Organization and Customer Scope Global Transaction Banking Department, Americas Office provides a variety of transaction banking solutions such as payment/collection services, liquidity management, trade financing (conventional L/C, Supply Chain Management, Stand-by L/C), FX and treasury related products and solutions. This Department’s mandate covers: product development
Organization and Customer Scope
Global Transaction Banking Department, Americas Office provides a variety of transaction banking solutions such as payment/collection services, liquidity management, trade financing (conventional L/C, Supply Chain Management, Stand-by L/C), FX and treasury related products and solutions. This Department’s mandate covers: product development and product sales and also provides advisory services to corporate clients. The Department functions as a hub for all cash, trade and treasury management products in the Americas Region, servicing both Japanese and US corporate clients.
- Develop and expand the Asian transaction banking business in general, but not limited to Asia, in the Americas including cash management, treasury management, and trade finance products (conventional L/C, Supply Chain Management, Stand-by L/C), as well as FX services
- Manage relationships with existing clients
- Establish and execute sales plan to ensure that revenue targets are met
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Collaborate with Relationship Managers in the region
- Proactively develop and manage the new and existing target clients for cross-border and Asian TB opportunities (Cash Management, Trade Finance, and FX)
- Conduct standalone / joint calling with RMs to provide transaction banking product solutions and technical expertise
- Ensure the bank’s wallet share is gained / maintained with the client as per account plan
Originate potential Cash management and short-term Trade Finance deals for clients and their subsidiaries across Asia, including Japan, but not limited to Asia, and service their global requirements
- Prepare client pitch books, coordinate with relevant teams and branches on target opportunities; manage deal flow communication and track pipeline / revenues.
- Understand client business requirements and propose solutions. Prepare client presentations that use a consultative sales approach. Collaborate with relevant product teams to meet client needs.
Manage and execute the client RFP process (i.e. form deal team, evaluate the RFP and make ‘go/no-go’ decision, work with relevant product teams to define the proposed solution, co-ordinate and collate the responses, write-up the response, and complete the final proposal submission)
Provide feedback to the entire Transaction Banking team on customer needs, trends, market intelligence, and market developments. Provide client updates on issues that impact the competitiveness of Mizuho’s products and incorporate these updates into the Global Transaction Banking Department’s plans and initiatives
Administrative and other Duties
- Research and analyze regulatory and tax issues related to corporate cash and treasury management
- Maintain and update customer files promptly including writing up call reports and updating PDCA files
- Help to improve and expand knowledge of cash and treasury management among team members
- Other administrative duties as deemed necessary by Manager
- 3-5 years of sales experience within the Financial/Banking Industry
- 1+ years of experience in Transaction Banking (TB) product sales. Additional experience at a large corporate is preferred
- Broad knowledge of TB products and solutions in Cash (payments, collections, liquidity and channel solution), Trade (shot-term trade – LCs, open account products, Guarantees, Supply Chain Management) and transactional FX services
- Basic understanding of working capital solutions, corporate treasury management practices and advisory services and credit risk exposure
- Knowledge of regulatory policies and procedures
- Ability to manage deal coordination across regions / branches and departments
- Hands-on and positive work attitude. Able to navigate internal processes
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint to support online banking activities for corporate activities
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Japanese language skills a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams in multi-cultural environments
- Ability to work with staff of all levels
- Eligible to work in the US
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.