Trading Systems Support Analyst - Asset Management
- Base Salary Plus Bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Sep 16
A top-tier institutional asset management firm in midtown Manhattan is looking to hire a Trading Systems Support Analyst with 5 - 10 years of trading system support experience at an asset management firm or hedge fund. Strong knowledge of trade lifecycles and settlement operations, specifically with fixed income products, is required in addition to experience with Order Management Systems (ie., Bloomberg AIM or Charles River). The Trading Systems Support Analyst is a great opportunity to work closely with Traders and Portfolio Managers while supporting a growing platform.
A top-tier institutional asset management firm is looking to hire a Trading Systems Support Analyst who will work closely with traders and portfolio managers in order to support and maintain the trading and settlement systems.
The Trading Systems Support Analyst will possess strong communication skills with the ability to work independently with multiple personnel/departments including the trading floor and portfolio managers.
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers, Traders and other support analysts to support and maintain the trading system
- Manage all day to day activity for trading and settlement platforms
- Troubleshoot and monitor the trading platform
- Develop and understand the trading and settlement workflows for the full range of fixed income products
- Manage incidents through to resolution keeping all stakeholders abreast of the situation and work to minimize impact wherever possible.
- Regularly review and analyze the service requests and issues that are raised; seek to improve the process and remove reoccurring tasks where possible.
- Fulfil responsibilities related to production support as well as application enhancements simultaneously.
- Act as liaison between business users, product vendors and internal application development teams to facilitate small-scale changes and complex problem solving.
- Provides direction and support to vendors / application developers when application changes require knowledge of or changes to system functionality
- Form strong working relationships with internal users - both business and technical
- 5 - 10 years of experience at an asset management firm or hedge fund supporting a trading desk function
- Strong knowledge of trade lifecycle and settlement operations, specifically with fixed income products
- Experience with an Order Management System including Black Mountain Systems, Bloomberg AIM, Everest or Charles River trading systems is needed; ThinkFolio is highly preferred.
- Some experience with SQL (ability to run queries within application databases)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline