- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Aug 17
Talent Development Specialist
Location: New York, NY, USAIT People Development & Engagement is part of the CIO Office of Moody's Information Technology (MIT). We provide high quality knowledge management and learning services for internal global clients across Moody's Corporation. We also take the lead in planning, organizing and executing knowledge and learning events designed specifically for MIT personnel.
Working with a team of highly-skilled and experienced professionals, we are seeking to hire a Talent Development Senior Specialist to support and shape strategy, lead projects, and provide tactical execution including the development, documentation, application of standards and procedures across Moody's.
- Pro-actively lead projects from inception through to completion, including project management, training needs analysis, instructional design, organizational design, content development, and in-person delivery and facilitation.
- Engage in efforts to foster a culture of employee driven knowledge champions including approaches to knowledge management, people engagement, and employee led community groups (e.g. community of practitioners, lunch and learns, etc.).
- Lead and administer line of business based programs in people and organizational development working with management team to align program activities with workforce planning and other organizational development considerations.
- Represent the team engaging with business stakeholders providing thought leadership in people and organizational development approaches. Build positive constructive working relationships with stakeholders and project teams and help drive the maturity of our knowledge culture.
- Work with an industry-standard Learning Management System (LMS) to administer and manage all training activities, track training progress including completions and generate reports.
- Support management team and communications team in drafting and disseminating information about programs, initiatives, and events, driving awareness levels across the organization.
- Work with SMEs to design and deliver new training courses and materials, including defining learning objectives, creating content and success criteria metrics for self-delivery, delivery by another instructor, or for e- learning.
- Ability to learn proprietary applications and processes, and/or leverage subject matter expert knowledge to achieve development and delivery aims.
- Perform all necessary administrative tasks in preparation for and delivery of programs, initiatives and events.
- Adjust work products and output to meet both business needs and timelines.
Moodys Information Technology
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree with qualifications in instructional design, adult learning, or similar.
- 5 plus years of training experience, preferably in a financial services organization.
- Proven expertise and experience with internal systems training , including as a facilitator.
- Proven track record in creating synchronous and asynchronous training content.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (spoken and written).
- Experience with screen capture and authoring tools in particular Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate.
- Strong MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel skills.
- Experience with industry-standard Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently. Ability to focus and multi-task.
- Extensive and proactive team based orientation to work in collaboration with others.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle changing priorities.
- Ability to solve problems and think on their feet.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.