Sr Java / C++ FIX Developer - Buy Side
- up to 200k + bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- GMS Advisors
- 23 Sep 16
Senior development position with a smaller/growing firm that is building a new OMS from the ground up.
Our client is an investment adviser that invests their capital with their portfolio managers who engage in a multitude of investment and trading strategies, generally falling into three broad categories.
- Statistical arbitrage and other quantitatively-driven strategies.
- Fundamental equity / relative value.
- Tactical trading (including discretionary and systematic short-term trading strategies).
They provide investment advisory services to collective investment accounts (or hedge funds) in which qualified purchasers are permitted to invest with the purpose of obtaining substantially the same market and risk exposure.
In a crowded and highly-competitive market, Our client seeks to create significant opportunities for alpha by:
- Assembling cohesive teams of portfolio managers, traders, analysts, researchers, scientists, developers and other technologists, support personnel and management.
- Building and investing in state-of-the-art technology, including low-latency trading systems and tools and data center facilities.
- Investing stable investment capital with a view toward generating superior risk-adjusted returns.
- Offering flexible, generous and creative performance packages and independent partnerships
consistent with their entrepreneurial focus.
Technology plays a critical role in the success of the business. As a result, they maintain a robust investment program with respect to its infrastructure, technology offerings and resources, keeping it at the forefront of financially-focused technology innovation.
Enhance the company’s FIX engine with the implementation of a new rules engine to facilitate data driven conversion from FIX messages to internal message API and vice versa. Develop other smaller projects such as market data handlers, and enhance current market data servers. The position is on a contract basis with the option for full time.
The applicant must be able to exhibit skills in some or all of the following for consideration:
- Expert in Java with 5+ yrs experience.
- 3+ yrs C++
- Network programming skills, both TCP/IP and UDP
- Knowledge of SQL
- Linux shell scripting
- Experience developing real-time trading platforms
- Experience with low-latency
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
Send resumes to email@example.com / cory (at) gmsadvisors.com