- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 17
Sr FileNet Engineer (Middleware Engineering)
Location: New York, NY, USAThis is a challenging position within the Database and Middleware Engineering team of Infrastructure Services. Reporting up to Moody's Chief Information Officer, the Infrastructure Services organization leads all aspects of the company's global engineering, service management, network, branch office delivery, end user services and delivery of hosting, environment management and production support services. We support over 200 bespoke applications operating from 5 key private cloud data centers along with public cloud facilities. Infrastructure has invested significantly in ITIL-based service management, best practice information security, software and hardware to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service cloud-based architectures.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This is a level 3 role (L3) involving active leadership of outsourced partners and oversight of middleware technologies. The database and middleware team is responsible for setting the engineering standards for database and middleware technologies including specifying and maintaining specific hardened builds of each technology along with tracking software patching and maintaining technology lifecycles. This includes technology (software) configuration, operational and disaster recovery design and implementation, troubleshooting, performance optimization, creation of SOPs in coordination with the operations teams, etc. The database and middleware team also has the ongoing responsibility to oversee the operations teams and to ensure that SOPs are followed, problems identified and resolved in a timely manner.
Responsible for the following as it relates to supporting the engineering and operations of the middleware technologies:
- Design, implement and follow strict engineering standards and guidelines to design, build, and operate the middleware technology solutions to support business applications
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the middleware technology space and recommend improvements to enhance the team's delivery capabilities
- Recommend adoption of new technologies and solutions to achieve operational excellence
- Develop and implement appropriate troubleshooting tools/technologies for proactively identifying problems including steps to quickly triage the problem leading to faster time to resolution
- Communicate effectively within and across multiple teams including vendors when required
- Track and document middleware infrastructure per application/technology
- Represent middleware team in the change management review and be the first level approver for planned changes
- Partner with Level 2 team in creating standard operations procedure and reporting for operations teams and ensure adherence to the same
Moody's Information Technology Department
Professional Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent experience) in Engineering or IT-related field
- Minimum 5 years' experience in designing, building, configuring and operationally supporting ECM Content technologies - IBM FileNet.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in designing, building, configuring and operationally supporting Middleware technologies - Jboss, WebSphere and Tomcat.
- Experience in building and rolling out high availability and disaster recovery of the FileNet environment.
- Experience in end to end FileNet automation and orchestration using standard tools.
- Knowledge in blueprinting FileNet Content for build automation.
- Strong Unix shell scripting including Jython, Python, Shell or other tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Fabric).
- Desired to automate everything through Configuration Mgr and DevOps
- Experience troubleshooting using tracing options, identifying runtime problems and performance.
- Provide explanation and information to others on difficult issues; Routinely lead RCA (Root Cause Analysis) in a structured way
- Proven ability to assess current technology and future technology architecture direction and apply effectively to future solution roadmaps, including the inter-operability of technologies ?
- Strong JVM / DB experience as it relates to WebSphere FileNet JVM tuning and query optimization.
- Experience with monitor in non-prod and prod settings and KPIs; Able to demonstrate the proactive KPI monitors is a big plus.
- Experience in upgrading and migrating FileNet, Datacap and IBM Content Collector.
- Training and certification in relevant middleware technologies will be a big plus.
- Strong knowledge of middleware technologies and operational process.
- Keeping abreast of patches including minor and major version releases
- Mentor, collaborate and train junior L3/L2 members.
- Standardize and support performance tuning and stress testing in FileNet Content environment.
- Experience in defining security standards for the FileNet Content and middleware environment.
- Knowledge in implementing FileNet Content in cloud environment or understanding IBM FileNet cloud offerings, advantages and disadvantages.
- Understanding of standard protocols SOAP, HTTP, JMS, SSL, etc.
- Some experience with applications technologies preferred, one or more of the following: JAVA, HTML, XML, CSS, SAML ?
- Strong project management skills preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Linux/UNIX and Windows
- Experience working in a virtualized and cloud environment
- Experience in maintaining configuration and knowledge management database.
- Demonstrated ability to implement a project from start to finish.
- Ability to understand and document client requirements and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Ability to actively work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.