Sr. Developer (Blockchain/DLT Technologies)
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 17 Aug 17
This Senior Developer is required to own, lead, develop and support the new DLT services as a part of shared services platform. The role involves hands on development and support of the systems, working with distributed team. Good understanding of current Blockchain technologies (particularly Ethereum) and a knowledge of the finance domain will be a plus.
The IHS Markit Architecture and platform team is responsible for ensuring a cohesive architecture across the different products in the Financial Markets division, developing and providing a shared services platform that can be used by different products. It is also responsible to investigate and explore new technologies (such as Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), Machine Learning …) with both keeping with the current trends and applying them to the products across the firm.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Mentor team on technology and other work related aspects.
- Responsible for timely and Quality delivery.
- Support the Production, Simulation, QA and Development environments.
- Lead the team to design, develop and support the DLT service.
- Develop tools to support and optimize the development and deployment of the DLT platform..
- Work with testers to ensure the right test coverage is achieved for a release, from unit to acceptance test level.
- Drive innovation and adoption of best practices.
- Work with product teams and clients to enable best use of the DLT service.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
- 9+ years of development experience building java based systems preferably in a financial environment.
- Should have excellent knowledge of Java as well as working knowledge of Node JS. Should have good experience working on server system systems developed using Spring Boot and Node JS.
- Should have good design skills for distributed systems and architecture – preferably with Microservices.
- Experience with Linux, Docker, AWS, DevOps.
- Knowledge of Blockchain / DLT technologies such as Ethereum, Hyperledger would be a plus.
- Ability to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of basic financial market terminology is desirable but not essential.
- Not required
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Displays energy, drive and stamina.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Focused on delivery.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team.