Software Engineer (Front End Web Development)
Typical Responsibilities include:
• Brainstorm, design and develop an enterprise software product.
• Design and implement re-usable software components.
• Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible.
• Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across different locations.
• Research and build POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility.
• Create technical design documents and present the details to a larger audience.
• Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions.
• Develop reusable frameworks/components and POCs to accelerate development on projects.
• Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions.
Structured Analytics and Valuations
• Candidates should have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Significant enterprise software development (6+ years of software design and development experience). This position requires hands-on development.
• Must have knowledge of NodeJS and AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience.
• Must have extensive experience in creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
• Must have experience creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments.
• Must have experiencing leveraging REST, JSON, SOAP and other service layer technologies.
• Preferred experience with test tools such as karma, protractor, mocha etc.
• Nice to have knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL programming.
• Nice to have experience with Redis and ElasticSearch
• Nice to have experience with any BI platform
• Nice to have experience with testing and automation methodologies and tools
• Knowledge of working on cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure is a plus
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including good presentation skills.
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, yet integrate appropriately with the team and other areas within Moody's.
• Goal oriented and able to meet deadlines consistently.
• Comfortable working in a team based environment
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.