Software Engineer - Analytics (New York or San Francisco)
• Take part in full lifecycle application development following company's software development practices and processes
• Communicate with other software engineers, QAs and financial analysts to understand requirements, implement and test functionalities base on these requirements.
• Comply with internal coding standards to develop high quality and robust software applications.
• Provide assistances to software testing and quality assurance team.
• Interface with technology staff at our customers by providing detailed technical support for our software products.
• Maintain and document software functionalities in our Knowledge Management System.
• Provide daily support for systems and work on development of new features and calculations. Cooperate closely with other teams like PMs, QAs and BAs on patches and hot-fixes.
Structured Analytics and Valuation
• Minimum MS or MFE. Preferred areas of study are Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, Finance or a related major/quantitative discipline from a top institution.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, able to understand complicated problems and solve them programmatically.
• Solid knowledge of C++, experience with development environment in Windows and Linux. Familiar with Boost, SQLite, Google Test, Protobuf are a plus.
• Respect company's work values of execution, integrity and team work. Must have a passion for innovation and able to self-criticize and develop their skills.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.