Software Engineer – Back End
• SQL Development - Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints).
• Ability to model ,analyse and manage large volumes of data
• Knowledge of indexes, index management and integrity checks .How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can created and managed effectively.
• Analyse technical requirements and recommend ETL and SSIS strategies and provide visual representation of design.
• Understand the requirements and designs
• Deliver code with high quality efficiently
• Interact with fellow team members, quality assurances, architects, business analysts on requirements, contribute to the design of back-end systems
• Ensure that new features are implemented according to specification and problems are corrected.
• Contribute to testing and document
• Help providing support of production server environment
Structured Analytics and Valuations
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related majors
• 3+ years software development experience
• Experience with No-SQL database such as MongoDB, MS SQL server, .Net framework,
• Experience with XML, web services preferred
• Knowledge of test driven development a plus
• Interests in learning finance and specifically structured finance
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Able to take initiative and be proactive
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Fluency in English
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.