Senior SQL Server and Business Intelligence Developer
- 150K - 180K salary + 50-100% bonus + package
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Winston fox
- 19 Sep 16
As a SQL Server and Business Intelligence Developer you will be working closely with other software developers, data owners, and key business sponsors delivering strategic projects to distribute diverse data sets to all areas of the business via interactive, self-service, ad-hoc and corporate reporting mechanisms. We are looking for someone who is truly passionate about technology with a genuine and demonstrable love and enthusiasm for data visualization and reporting.
Winston Fox has been retained on an exclusive mandate by a $30billion Hedge Fund to identify a talented SQL Server and Business Intelligence Developer. This fund Trades both fundamental long/short strategies as well as Quantitative computer driven trading strategies on various markets across the US, Europe and Asia. The firm employs approximately 350 staff Globally and enjoys a vibrant and entrepreneurial environment that has a culture and track record of innovation in both Technology and Finance. It enjoys a strong reputation in the industry for its success, influence and excellence.
- Working with complex data sets, preferably with prior experience in a financial setting.
- Proven design, delivery and deployment experience of end to end Business Intelligence projects.
- Experience in the Microsoft BI stack - SQL Server (2008R2-2014), Analysis Services (Including Tabular Models), Reporting Services is essential.
- Report design and development, with a focus on user experience and style.
- Exceptional SQL and data analysis skills. Experience with ETL and data integration approaches. Data federation and non-traditional data integration approaches
- Experience implementing and supporting Self-service BI tools such as Tableau or Microsoft PowerBI/Excel (PowerPivot, PowerQuery)
- Experience with alternatives (Tableau, QlikView, MicroStrategy, Cognos, Spotfire)
- Data Warehouse or Online Data Store, design and development, along with OLAP/Cube experience (MDX/DAX), with demonstrable capabilities
- Experience customizing and developing in SalesForce, including writing custom code in Apex and VisualForce
Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Analysis skills to extract requirements from end users rather than work from a fixed spec
- Exceptional attention to detail and an internally driven focus on correct data
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to work without close supervision in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- The capacity to deal with ambiguity and change.
- The ability to provide clarity and insight through data visualizations.
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to work with quick development cycles
In return the client will be able to offer
- Exceptional basic salary
- Very aggressive and comprehensive bonus scheme
- Executive benefits package
- Regular training and course sponsorship - Investors in people
- Innovative and collaborative environment and culture – investors in Technology
- Use of cutting edge technologies, now and in the future
- Delivering bespoke but enterprise quality solutions