Senior Data Analyst
- Creating process documentation, identifying process improvements and influencing stakeholders to adopt improvement recommendations
- Updating and creating reports, providing analysis commentary and identifying any potential data issues
- Analyze data to identify potential data issues, trends, correlations and recommended actions
- Work with stakeholders across departments to gain agreement on recommended actions based on data analysis and to resolve data issues
- Thoroughly review deliverables to identify any errors, data issues or usability concerns
- Present metric results to technology managers at their staff meetings
- Create data flow documentation to trace how data is gathered, calculated and presented in charts
- Gather requirements and feedback from users to enhance and introduce new reports and data visualization dashboards
- Design reports and data visualization dashboards
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Verify accuracy of vendor metric results
- Provide recommendations on ways to improve the technology organization's metrics program
- Understanding of key measurements used by a technology organization to drive accountability, quality and overall IT effectiveness
- Project Management experience; PMP certification preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in Industry Standards and Best Practices such as ITIL, CMM, Six Sigma
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influence skills
- Ability to quickly and effectively adjust priorities and goals in changing circumstances
- Self-directed, adaptable, flexible, and curious
CopalAmba is part of Moody's Corporation (NYSE:MCO). CopalAmba is widely regarded as the leading outsourced research and consulting provider to financial institutions and corporations worldwide with employees situated in Argentina, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Hong Kong, India, Mauritius, Singapore, Sri Lanka, UAE, UK, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical major such as Business Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics and Information Technology
- 5 to 10 years of work experience
- Experience with data visualization tools particularly Tableau preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Excel, Work, Project, and Visio Experience using Excel formulas in the Function Categories of Text, Logical and Lookup & Reference to do complex formulas that are nested to solve problems such as string manipulation, finding values based on a key value or calculating a result given a set of conditions
- Experience using VBA to create formulas is highly desirable
- Excellent attention to detail to identify issues with data or in deliverables
- Experience with analyzing large data sets to identify trends and data issues
- Experience eliciting, documenting and managing requirements
- Proficient in SQL and strong knowledge of statistics preferred
- Ability to effectively work with virtual team members and vendor resources
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate accountability, willingness to learn and motivated to succeed and grow.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.