Senior Client Service Specialist - Asset Management
- Base Salary Plus Bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Sep 16
A top-tier institutional asset management firm in midtown Manhattan is looking to hire a Senior Client Services Specialist with 5 -10 years of client service experience in the asset management / hedge fund industries. The role reports to the Global Head of Client Services and is a great opportunity to interact with multiple groups (including Institutional Sales) within the firm and institutional clients outside the firm.
The Client Service team is responsible for supporting the business in the delivery of exemplary client service to Pension Funds, Insurance Companies, Financial Institutions and other Corporate Investors across a number of geographic locations. Client mandates vary from smaller clients investing in pooled vehicles to substantial corporate mandates of increasing complexity. The team's delivery is central to the external view of service quality and management and its performance is critical to the success of the business as a whole. The role of the team, and of each individual, is to own and oversee the delivery of implementation, reporting and day-to-day service and support any changes to these created by the needs of clients and consultants.
This Senior Client Service Specialist is a high profile role that is the heart of the client service platform. With a focus on day to day service delivery to a named book of clients as well as owning and driving initiatives delegated by the Client Service Manager.
As the Client Service team works closely alongside, and in support of, the Institutional Sales and Investment teams, the Senior Client Service Specialist must also be able to demonstrate a real interest in and understanding of investment strategies and the Institutional market place.
• 5 – 10 years of Client Service experience within the asset management / hedge fund industries including a strong knowledge of institutional markets, defined benefit pension schemes, insurance companies, corporates and third party distributors. Separately managed account experience is preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Confident, credible and capable in meetings and discussions at all levels both internally and externally
• Demonstrable interest in investment strategies
• Support the Client Directors and work closely with them to implement commercially sound strategies
• Attend client events, where appropriate, to support the Client Directors and build an independent relationship with the client
• Manage the timely circulation, review and execution of Investment Management Agreements, Outsourcing Agreements and Operating Memorandums
• Work directly with counterparty banks and custodians to ensure trading readiness for mandates.
• Develop detailed knowledge of clients and the environment in which the firm provides solutions
• Oversee the transition of client assets to and from the firm. Working with the legal teams, Transition Managers (where applicable) and the Onboarding and Transitions team both in house and at the outsourced administrators
• Oversee the creation of the project management report on appointment or advice of changes to a mandate and circulate weekly or as frequently as agreed with the Client Director
• Set up and chair weekly (or at frequency agreed with the Client Director) project calls with Onboarding and Transitions team, NT transitions, the custodian and the previous asset manager. Ensure actions are documented and incorporated into the plan
• Work with the Transition Analyst to manage swap transitions. Set up and run meetings involving middle office, fund manager, collateral and derivative management, IT (if required), counterparty banks and previous asset manager
• Circulate signed documentation and instructions to appropriate internal parties in timely manner
• Use project management discipline for all work involving amendments to mandates and side letters
• Promptly request and track receipt of information required from clients to satisfy AML requirements and counterparty bank credit reviews.
• Prioritize work, communicate with and manage internal stakeholders effectively
• When required, check thoroughly and promptly sign off the monthly valuations and quarterly reports.
• Manage ad hoc requests effectively. Identify a clear date for response and ensure that we meet the deadline. Escalate or re-communicate, as appropriate
• Complete periodic client reviews within the set timeframes
• Ensure soft and hard copy documentation is filed in line with policy
• Minute and follow up on actions agreed at internal and external meetings where required
• Oversee, support and co-ordinate the delivery of service from the back office
• Respond promptly and professionally to day to day and ad hoc client and consultant requests
• Assess work requests received to either act on them or establish clear ownership for delivery elsewhere.