Senior Big Data Java Dev Lead
- Strong Market + bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Sep 16
Senior Big Data Java Lead Development role, the role will require the candidate to understand existing applications complex workflows, proposing solutions for solving business problems, aligning deliverables with business cycles.
WCP(Wholesale Client Profitability) Technology, part of Client Intelligence Technology group manages various strategic platforms which sources data, analyse it and redistributes complex analytics pertaining to client profitability, the team also manages various technology reporting platforms for senior decision making staff enabling them to understand client profitability and actual ROI of a client.
Senior Big Data Java Lead Development - the role will require the candidate to understand existing applications complex workflows, proposing solutions for solving business problems, aligning deliverables with business cycles.
The Primary job will be hands on development on Wholesale Client Profitability applications using big data technologies primarily Hadoop, Spark and Vertica with some people management responsibility to lead a NA Development teams, the Job will require him to establish strong partnership with global development teams, DevOps team as well as other teams in the group.
The job will also require having good understanding of technical project planning, running global scrum and sprint calls, taking role of a scrum master from time to time.
Business support and answering day to day queries for business will be part of the role
- Development (Coding) for Hadoop, Spark and Java
- Putting In right practices for SDLC including code reviews, pair programming etc.
- Implementing best practices/standards for development and production releases
- Working closely with plan teams and business aligned technology teams.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed designs.
- Being part of various POC efforts for new build and setting up clusters
- Working closely with operate teams, understanding firmwide DevOps practices and aligning releases accordingly
- Testing prototypes and oversee handover to operational teams.
- Facing business teams from time to time post releases and answering questions on data and release schedules
- Documenting requirement
- 14 years experience in the field of Technology development and leading small teams
- 3+ years of experience working on Big Data platforms
- Hands-on experience on Hadoop, Spark and Java
- Understanding of UI technologies including HTML5, AngularJs, ReactJS etc.
- Very good understanding of relational as well as columnar databases(Oracle/vertica)
- Understanding of reporting tools including Cognos/Qlikview/business objects
- Good understanding of financial concepts including Balance Sheets, P&L Statements and Ratios and financial products
- Good hold on scripting including Shell/Perl and Python.
- Good hold on MS office (power point, Excel, Word and Visio)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information and computer Science or equivalent an practical work experience
Essential Professional Skills
- A "can do" attitude
- Be able to adjust quickly to changes
- Very Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Aptitude to decipher complex business functions
- Ability to Multitask and inquisitiveness to learn newer domain and Technology
- Organization skills, be able to prioritize task base on priority level.
- Ability to multitask and quickly respond to critical issues and changes in requirements
- Adopt best practices in day to day work to improve efficiency.
- Be able to partner with people from other teams to get work done together
Communication skills, be able to explain the root cause of an issue; be able to explain necessary testing variables that apply to code written; be able to explain code implementation in detail and at a high level
- Flexibility to work with Global teams which will require working off normal working hours
- Sound communication skills and ability to interact with senior business leaders and technology colleagues
- Leadership skills should be able to improve the team working by providing technical and process guidance; be able to motivate and influence both business and technical communities
- Bringing Innovative and practical ideas