Research Associate, Financial Technology Research
- Commensurate with experience
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- China Merchants Bank
- 26 Jun 17
This position will focus on research of new technologies applied in financial sector overseas.
- According to the strategic direction of China Merchants Bank’s financial technology (Fintech) development, this role will focus on exploring, tracking and researching for the new technologies, new business models and related companies in the United States.
- Study the impact of the new financial technology in the financial industry and write research reports on the Fintech industry. Introduce, and promote the application of external new technologies and innovative business models into China Merchants Banks.
- Track and research the developments of Fintech companies in the United States, conduct the market environment analysis, business model analysis, competitive analysis and risk analysis along with other related research and analysis duty. Introduce and promote the cooperation with other leading Fintech companies in the United States.
- As needed, participate in overseas Fintech related investment projects including works of due diligence, closing process and post-investment research and tracking etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or above in computer science, mathematics, statistics, financial engineering or related STEM background.
- Understand emerging technology, such as Big Data, Cloud Computing, and Machine Leaning. Have basic knowledge of banking business; understand the innovative application of emerging technologies in banking.
- 2+ years’ experience in project investment or industry research with strong industry research and analysis ability.
- Understand the Fintech industry, investment experience in the E-finance, Fintech and other related projects is a plus.
- Good verbal, writing and communication skills, analytical thinking and logical thinking skills.
- Strong ability to listen, speak, read and write in English. Fluent in Chinese and English.
China Merchants Bank New York Branch provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S. without requiring visa sponsorship.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com