Quantitative Developer - ETF
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- GMS Advisors
- 23 Sep 16
Exciting position in the Systematic Trading group with my client. This is a huge growth area for my client and a highly profitable piece of business. They are looking for the best of the best. Strong developers with strong math/quant skills or ability to pick it up. C# is ideal but they would consider any strong developer that has a strong understanding of trading.
We are a fast-paced high-energy small team that continually leverages a unique mix of quantitative and technology skills to create disruptive electronic tradable products to manage business revenue while efficiently managing operational risk, and ensuring control standards are of the highest level.
Our three core areas are
(1) Electronic & Systematic Risk Trading
(2) Quantitative Pricing
We created our ETF platform, one of the largest off-exchange cross-product, dynamic auto-hedging and automated risk-trading platforms for ETFs on the street. The ETF platform prices block liquidity, and hedges orders in fractions of a second by tapping into various sources of liquidity. We strive daily to create, fine-tune, and improve technologies to effectively systematically trade risk across different product types.
We develop a suite of quantitative models and a pricing platform, which systematically prices hundreds of ETFs covering over 20K stocks, 80 currencies and across over 100 exchanges.
Data sourcing, managing, and analytics is a huge part of what we do. We leverage different sources of data, in addition to our synthetically derived prices, in doing quantitative analytics with the aim of improving our trading and pricing platform. Data ware-housing, enrichment, consolidation, structuring, and normalization for millions of data points across thousands of ETFs & Indexes is part of our day-to-day function.
You will contribute to developing innovative electronic trading technologies and products. As our team is small and very entrepreneurial, we are very results driven and believe every member (from the most junior to the most senior) brings a unique value and is pivotal to the team's success. We are looking for someone who is not afraid to challenge the status quo, who is open to being challenged with thinking outside the box, and finding solutions to questions that sometimes have never been asked.
- Good knowledge of Unix, Linux
- Solid C# .NET Skills
- Some understanding of Liquidity Transformation
- Some exposure to Market Microstructure
- Some knowledge of Low Latency Market Data
- Good Database skills
- Knowledge of Index & ETF composition data
- Some understanding of Futures, ETFs, Swaps
- Theoretical Pricing
- Execution Algorithms – VWAP, TWAP, Vol-Inline, Implementation Shortfall, ISO-based algorithms
- Algorithmic Trading and Hedging Strategies
- Equity and Futures execution venues
- Very basic Financial Modeling and Forecasting
- Comfort with basic Math and Statistics
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms is a nice-to-have, but definitely not required
- Working knowledge of Quantitative Back-testing with Matlab or R is a nice-to-have, but not required
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org / cory (at) gmsadvisors.com