QA Specialist, Senior Analyst, Quality Assurance
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 31 Jul 17
As Senior Analyst, Quality Assurance at Sapient Global Markets you will help to realize software quality assurance projects and drive testing of software solutions we develop for our clients in the financial and commodities industry. You will play a variety of roles including conceptualization of quality assurance and test plans, implementation under supervision as part of a larger project.
- Experienced Senior Analyst, QA with ability to create test strategy, test plans, and identification of regression impact in areas of a complex fixed income asset management platform.
- Experienced with capital markets businesses, fixed Income calculations, fixed Income industry knowledge.
- Experienced in hands-on QA validation (manual/automation), scripting, test data preparation and testing complex calculation modules, including preparing test results through excel based calculations, simple SQL script results.
- Experienced in defect management platform and ability to track, manage, and report on application quality, regression root cause analysis, and plan of action.
- Ability to work with Program Manager and Solution Architect to create integrated release plan.
- Participate in requirement gathering activity with team.
- Participate in Design discussion sessions with the Clients and developers, understanding client requirements, and contribute to creation of design documentation.
- Coordinate team testing activities for planned releases, and emergency code fixes.
- Execute test cases and report defects, the daily test status as well as the overall testing status.
- Coordinate UAT Testing and provide execution summary to stakeholders.
- Obtain final user acceptance for the project scope completion.
- Assess business impact of operational issues and help identify mitigation steps.
- Participate in Production Support troubleshooting activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Significant experience in quality assurance processes, software lifecycle, testing, planning, execution & defect tracking.
- Strong practical knowledge of quality assurance tools, packages and methodologies.
- Experience in reviewing Business and Functional requirements, and Business cases and creating a Test Strategy, Plan, Scripts and test data.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Strong communication, presentation skills.
- Hands-on experience with agile methodology (SCRUM etc.) a plus, as well as defect prevention and process improvement methods (CMMI, TPI, etc.).
- Special Test skills (Automation, Load testing, etc.) are highly appreciated.
- Openness to travel and work at client offices.
About Global Markets
Sapient Global Markets, a part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of services to today’s evolving financial and commodity markets. We provide a full range of capabilities to help our clients grow and enhance their businesses, create robust and transparent infrastructure, manage operating costs, and foster innovation throughout their organizations. We offer services across Advisory, Analytics, Technology, and Process, as well as unique methodologies in program management, technology development, and process outsourcing. Sapient Global Markets operates in key financial and commodity centers worldwide, including Boston, Calgary, Chicago, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Milan, New York, Singapore, Washington D.C. and Zurich, as well as in large technology development and operations outsourcing centers in Bangalore, Delhi, and Noida, India. For more information, visit www.sapientglobalmarkets.com.
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role, which include hearing, speaking, typing, and occasionally moving and/or lifting up to 15 pounds.
Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.