Python Developer - Buy Side
- up to 180k + bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- GMS Advisors
- 23 Sep 16
Our client a Quantitative Hedge Fund is seeking a Python Developer to join their team. This fund was started in 2008 and already has over 4B in assets under management and growing. This is an excellent opportunity to be one of the first 20 employees and grow the company. There is growth potential into doing more Quantitative work for the right person.
- Work closely with portfolio managers, researchers and developers to develop new data sets and tools.
- Development of High Performance Trading, Market Data and Risk Applications
- Troubleshooting data related problems as they arise.
- Contribute to the development of new tools to help maximize profit.
- Monitor live trading to make sure we trade all portfolios correctly.
- Monitor production trading and risk systems.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in CS, Mathematics, EE or other computational discipline.
- Technical skills: Python, Linux
- 3+ yrs development experience on Linux
- 3+ yrs Linux scripting experience using Python
- KDB is a plus
- Understanding of global equities trading
- Familiarity with financial data sets
- Excellent communication skills
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org / cory (at) gmsadvisors.com