Public Cloud QA/Test Engineer – Systems Engineering
Location: New York, NY, USAThis is a challenging position within the Cloud Operations team of Infrastructure Services, a group within Moody's Information Technology. Reporting up to Moody's Chief Information Officer, Infrastructure Services leads all aspects of the company's global engineering, service management, network, branch office delivery, end user services and delivery of hosting, environment management and production support services. We support over 200 bespoke applications operating from a geographically diverse set of Public Cloud data centers from two major cloud providers. We service users and application developers from around the globe.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This role will report into the Global Lead for Public Cloud Services within the Infrastructure Services organization working with a team of engineers and consultants. As a member of the Moody's Cloud Support team, you will be surrounded by people who are smart and passionate about cloud computing, DevOps, and the next generation of Enterprise IT. You will be part of a team that believes that enthusiastic support is critical to customer success in the cloud.
Moody's is seeking a QA Test Automation Engineer with strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail that will help us deliver a world-class cloud platform. This role will provide the leadership to drive quality and ensure predictable releases and deployments in the Moody's cloud platform.
Moody's Analytics is experiencing infrastructure growth rates of around 35% annually, and there is a big move towards consuming Public Cloud infrastructure on AWS and Azure. This role will work in conjunction with engineering tower leads within IT (Infrastructure Services, IT Risk, and Development) and the development organizations within the lines of businesses to continuously improve Moody's Public Cloud offerings. This role will be responsible for building a consistent customer service experience for all internal users of the cloud platform. Thoroughness and precision are paramount to the success of this role.
Below are some core responsibilities of this role.
- Building test plans (manual and automated) to ensure infrastructure is built consistently and reliably across various cloud data centers, accounts, and sometimes providers.
- Collaborating with developers, engineering, and extended infrastructure teams to translate business and technical requirements into repeatable and consistent tests.
- Working with extended engineering team, operations team, and internal stakeholder to on common operational issues and improve/create tests that will identify those issues in the future.
- Understanding of modern SDLC processes and CI/CD Pipelines.
- Implementing an automated testing strategy and framework according to industry best practices.
- Working towards full automation and elimination of manual testing.
- Must have ability to work collaboratively and work with a variety of stakeholders in a fast paced environment.
- Creating test manuals and processes to track and fix Infrastructure as Code issues.
- Developing and executing test cases to surface code issues and bugs
- Working with cloud engineering team to continuously mature testing framework and coverage to improve the cloud platform's overall quality.
- Responsible for detailed, high-quality communication and documentation.
- Communicating/Documenting testing plans to extend cloud team and internal stakeholders.
Moody's Information Technology
Education Qualification and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study.
- Minimum 3 years in test plan development and execution.
- Minimum 2 years in test automation and CI/CD tooling.
- Industry Certification in AWS or Azure is a plus.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in IT industry in relevant area, with at least 2 years' experience with Public Clouds, preferably Azure and AWS.
- Experience working in Agile SDLC with sprints and daily stand-ups.
- Experience using JIRA or similar project tracking software.
- Ability to code in one or more of the following: C#, Node.js, Python, Go, Java, batch, or bash.
- Good working knowledge of AWS and Azure Public Cloud services.
- Experienced with any of the CI Tools (Jenkins, Test Kitchen, CircleCI, ServerSpec, etc.)
- Experience with modern source control software such as Git or SVN.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.