Product Marketing Director - With Compelling Cloud / SaaS FinTech Company to establish the function.
- High, commensurate with experience.
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Excelsior Professional Search
- 29 Sep 16
Superb Product Marketing career opportunity, with a very successful and award winning FinTech firm. Free reign to formally establish product marketing as a core company function; market insights & competitive intelligence, product strategy & positioning, go to market strategies, market messaging, sales tool enablement and customer thought leadership & engagement etc.
Our client, whom we are retained by exclusively, is a compelling, award winning, next-gen technology company, with a very unique and compelling cloud / SaaS based, big data market intelligence & research solution for the capital markets and investment industry. With several hundred financial institutions and corporates as clients, they are continuing to grow with new strategic product development and market sector strategies quickly unfolding.
Their international sales, product management / development, and marketing communications functions are well established and running well, but as they continue to grow they have identified the need for a product marketing manager, to work across these functions internationally, to formally establish and run with the following responsibilities:
* Develop compelling product positioning and messaging, that truly differentiates their products in the market, and ensure it gets to market.
* Sales enablement - develop and communicate the value proposition of the products to the global sales team so unified and up to date across the company, and develop sales collateral to support this.
* Product launch & releases - Investigate new product and market opportunities, and once developed, lead on go-to-market planning and execution for the launch of new products and releases, and co-ordinate cross company.
* Competitive intelligence - build strong knowledge of the market, customers and competitors, to identify market insights and opportunities for sales & marketing, product development and how to win again the competition.
* Product development – Bring the voice of the customer into the company’s’ product development cycle, helping shape the product roadmap and strategy.
* Outbound demand generation - With sales & marketing help develop the outbound marketing channels and programs that drive demand for the product portfolio.
Most of the above tasks are of course being conducted by different people across the company currently, but the plan is for someone skilled the function of product marketing, to bring it together and formalise as a product marketing function in its own right. So attractive to someone whom has already built/led such a function and wants to do it again, and equally a compelling opportunity for someone to take the next step up in their career.
What you’ll bring:
* You will be a proven product marketing professional (be it 4+ or over 10+ years doesn’t matter), this functional experience and understanding how product marketing plays a critical cross company function is paramount, and with that how to set up and run with product marketing systems and processes.
* Ideally this person will have experience with cloud / SaaS technology products. Investment / capital markets / financial markets industry technology product focus would of course be helpful, but a great product marketer will be skilled in bringing together, learning and building a bank of such knowledge so certainly not a pre-requisite.
* Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content.
* Strong communication and writing skills and ability to work across business lines.
* Ability to launching and grow innovative products, preferably within the cloud / SaaS space.
* Exceptional people and communication skills; ability to engage with and influence target audiences and internally across the company on a global level.
* Strong organisational skills to manage competing projects with tight deadlines effectively.
* Self starter able to multi-task, and comfortable working in a fast paced environment whilst balancing both strategic and tactical responsibilities.
* High energy, charismatic, innovative, creative.
This is certainly one of those rare product marketing career opportunities, with an already successful, growing and respected FinTech firm. Real chance for a product marketing expert to have a “big impact” on a global basis, by formalising, setting up and executing the function. This firm clearly recognises the true value of product marketing to their continued growth, so you will certainly play an integral part of their continued success and “ride the wave” with them.
Establish in 1999, Excelsior Professional Search is an international, market leading provider of executive search and recruitment solutions, to financial technology (FinTech) and financial information providers servicing the global capital markets and investment management industry.
Web : www.excelsiorsearch.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +1 646 475 2215
Product marketing, product marketing manager, product marketing, product marketing director, VP product marketing, fintech, financial technology, big data analytics, SaaS, cloud computing, financial markets, capital markets, asset management, investment management, investment research, equity research, software, investment banking.