Newton Investment Management - Partnered Distribution Support, Associate
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 30 Sep 16
Newton Investment Management - Partnered Distribution Support, Associate
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
Founded in 1978, Newton Investment Management is a London-based, global investment management subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. With assets under management of over $69.2 bn. Newton provides a broad range of investment products and services to a wide range of clients, including pension funds, charities, corporations and intermediaries.
Newton Investment Management North America LLC. is the US business development and client service arm of Newton. Newton has the ambition to grow the US business to a material part of the overall business (currently roughly 10% of the total firm assets).
The Portfolio Specialist team's key responsibilities are to represent our portfolio management team within the US intermediary channels and in doing so work closely with our distribution partners at BNYM to source and develop new business opportunities and to build and retain existing client and home office relationships.
We are looking for an Associate to join our NY based Portfolio Specialist team in this effort. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the investment management industry, deepen existing knowledge of equity and fixed income investment strategies and be part of a growing, dynamic and international team.
The primary responsibility for this role is to provide broad support to the Portfolio Specialist team and wider client facing team by working closely with colleagues in the US and UK.
The Associate role will require working closely with colleagues in the US and UK across a range of business areas including portfolio management, relationship management, operations, performance and risk measurement, compliance, client reporting and marketing teams. The Associate will also be the primary point of contact for our distribution partners and intermediary clients while the Portfolio Specialists are traveling.
Key deliverables and activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide overall support to team of two client facing Portfolio Specialist which includes CRM management, travel coordination, sales material preparation, and handling of inbound request from BNYM sales force. The Associate will primarily be office based out of 200 Park Ave. NYC, however some occasional travel will be required.
- Act as a primary point of contact for the BNYM / Dreyfus Internal Sales desk; in order to do so the Associate will have a deep understanding of Newton strategies.
- Provide deliverables to our distribution partners and clients on a monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc basis including talking points, commentaries, and other material. The Associate will be expected to review and understand the content and help shape it in partnership with the Portfolio Specialists and Portfolio Managers
- Participate in internal investment meetings and review meeting notes to help summarize key points for sales force
- Use systems such as eVestment, Factset, and S&P Money Market Directory to run market analyses, attribution, and competitor analysis to help the wider group and sales teams deepen their understanding of Newton strategies
- Generate and review Management Information reports and business plans which will require use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Monitor and coordinate Requests For Proposals (RFPs) and Requests For Information (RFIs) with BNYM and Newton RFP/RFI teams
- Draft, coordinate and review new business and client presentation materials with support from the London-based presentation team.
- Work closely with compliance to ensure external materials are reviewed by UK and US compliance colleagues and facilitate edits where necessary
- Work with various internal groups and team on ad hoc requests and projects; performance team, investment team, marketing team, RFP team, UK business development team, etc.
- Assist with general queries and requests from clients, consultants and internal groups
- Work with marketing team to ensure availability and distribution of marketing material
- As the Associate's product / investment knowledge increases greater interaction with senior sales people and end clients is expected
- Additional-hoc tasks.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-5 years of Investment, relationship management, business development and or client service experience preferred
- General knowledge of investment industry and markets required
- Interest or progress towards advance certifications or degrees preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Heavy use of general technology to make team more efficient
- Team player and problem-solver
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 33471
Job: Asset Management
Requisition Number: 1610426