Moody’s Analytics Technology Rotation (MATR) Program: Associate Software Engineer
Throughout the 2-year Engineering Development Program, participants are encouraged to explore their assignment preferences within our company. These preferences are taken into account when assignments are finalized, along with business needs. Participants develop their skills through classroom training, on-the-job training, and by receiving structured feedback from local mentors and a dedicated Program Manager.
• Develop scalable enterprise applications using Java and big data technologies
• Develop internationalized multi-tenant SaaS solutions with responsive UI's using Java or ASP.NET MVC
and React or AngularJS, with NodeJS and CSS/LESS
• Develop web applications, mobile applications and RESTful services using the latest front-end technologies
• Gather requirements and perform business systems analysis
• Design, administer and optimize large databases, containing more than 1 billion time series
• Use tools such as Cucumber to build automation test suites and Octopus plus Puppet/Chef to develop the next
generation CI/CD infrastructure
• Research and prototype using the Cloud for critical process improvements
• The Credit Research division distributes credit ratings, research and other market information via
moodys.com and creditedge.com
• The Enterprise Risk Solutions division produces data, models, software and related services to help
financial firms manage risk
• The Structured Analytics & Valuation division helps firms analyze and report on their portfolios of
structured financial products
• The Economic & Consumer Credit Analytics division produces economic data, forecasts and scenarios
and analyzes consumer credit portfolios
Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology
Rotational assignments vary in terms of the technology skills required, and may use any or all of the following technologies: Java, .NET, Scala, Apache Spark, Hadoop, AngularJS, React, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
Compensation, Benefits & Culture
In addition to the Engineering Development Program, Moody's is proud to offer recent graduates:
• Competitive salaries
• Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
• 401k matching
• Profit sharing
• Retirement savings
• Employee stock purchase program
• Educational assistance
As a Moody's employee, you would experience an intellectually curious, collegial and analytical corporate culture. Our people are accessible, collaborative and have diverse viewpoints. We succeed as a company because our views matter in the marketplace, and as a Moody's employee, your views would also matter.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.