Marketing Manager - Newton
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 26 Sep 16
Marketing Manager - Newton
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
The Marketing Manager will focus on Newton's marketing efforts in the US. As a member of a small marketing team within Newton (with other members based in the UK) you will also be required to assist with global projects and at times support EMEA and APAC marketing requests. The role will work very closely with our marketing and sales colleagues in BNY Mellon Investment Management. The role reports to the Head of Marketing in Newton (London) but will work closely with the senior marketing manager in the UK who will manage much of the teams workflow on a day to day basis.
• Facilitate the US and partnered distribution marketing planning
• Develop and manage the implementation of marketing campaigns for US institutional and consultants channel
• Act as a conduit for the Head of marketing as to progress against agreed goals with BNY Mellon IM marketing and Newton consultant relations
• Develop strong relationships and work effectively with other colleagues in Newton and BNY Mellon to coordinate projects
• Act as an alternate and back up to the Senior marketing manager, this will be reciprocated
• Assist with any Asian/ EMEA marketing support required
• Work closely with the compliance team to ensure a robust marketing/ compliance/ performance working framework and to ensure that all materials are compliant
• Develop creative and novel solutions to promote the Newton brand in a cost and time effective manner using the full marketing tool kit
• Leverage technology to develop and promote the Newton brand
• Track and report marketing campaign performance and recommend adjustments where necessary
• Produce communications materials including factsheets, newsletters or the US marketplace
• Tailor event thematic materials
• Maintain budgets
• Develop relations with 3rd party suppliers
We are an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure our clients' futures. We think on a global basis, with our single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. We build bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges our clients face, and we manage them responsibly in the broadest sense - through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect our clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via our parent company BNY Mellon, individuals. With offices in London and New York, we have £48.3bn under management (as at 31 March 2016), including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Capital Management Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton are available at http://www.newton.co.uk/ and via Twitter: @NewtonIM
Our employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to our clients. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice, with a flexible working environment and a commitment to diversity and opportunity among our employees.
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work. We look to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work.
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA in marketing preferred.
• 5-8 years of experience with an understanding and experience of North American institutional and wholesale market and culture
• Ability to develop a full understanding of the US investment landscape and Newton's distribution arrangements
• Strong understanding of capital markets and investment management related data
• Ability to travel between the UK and US
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 08749
Job: Asset Management
Requisition Number: 1606193