Managing Director, Non-Profit OCIO Solutions
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Russell Investments
- 27 Sep 16
This position is a highly visible role with AI's Non-Profit & Healthcare segment, responsible for representing our investment capabilities as a leading OCIO provider to clients and prospects with the overall objective of supporting the growth of both number of clients and overall AUM within the segment.
This position will collaborate closely with Regional Directors, Client Executives and the Consultant Relations team to engage with prospects and clients regarding the investment value proposition of our OCIO solution, with particular subject matter expertise required for private markets. Specific expertise is required in understanding the unique needs and investment situations of non-profit organizations and an understanding of how Russell's OCIO solution can be positioned to meet their objectives. This position will be seen as an extension of the portfolio management team through all stages of the sales cycle from initial client meetings to finals presentations and ongoing client servicing meetings.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Participate in key client and prospect meetings, articulating Russell's investment value proposition and portfolio recommendations (developed by the Investment Division) throughout the sales cycle, with particular expertise needed in explaning positioning and use of private markets and hedge fund strategies.
- Serve as a resource for the sales and client service teams in terms of responding to questions from clients and prospects regarding Russell portfolio recommendations and product positioning, as well as operational and busines questions related to our OCIO solution. This will require close collaboration with the Investment Division PM teams and Investment Strategy teams, as well as other stakeholders with AI.
- Assist with the writing and editing of Russell portfolio recommendations in new business RFPs.
- Generate content for investors within this segment by developing collateral that helps promote the Russell's OCIO capabilities. This will require strong working partnership with the AI NP team, Marketing and the Investment Division.
- Act as the investment strategist representing Russell capabilities and portfolio recommendations regarding new private market investment strategies for larger OCIO clients and prospects.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Investment knowledge and experience, preferably gained from work within the investment office at a non-profit organization
- Critical understanding of financial theory and modern portfolio management theory
- Experience with portfolio construction, due diligence and manager selection within private markets
- Knowledge of and experience explaining asset allocation and portfolio recommendations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with business partners, and act as a credible and influential resource when speaking with sophisticated non-profit investment committees and consultants
- Understanding of and ability to disscuss ESG related investment issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Critical understanding of financial theory
- Direct experience with private markets portfolios, and private capital cash flow models
- Positive, collaborative attitude, with strong team orientation
- Persuasive presentation skills and the ability to influence investment decision makers
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance; Master’s preferred
- CFA preferred
- Series 7 and 63 required