Lead C++ Developer - Build New OMS
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- GMS Advisors
- 23 Sep 16
Lead C++ Developer to build a new state of the art OMS from the ground up.
Our client is an investment adviser that invests their capital with their portfolio managers who engage in a multitude of investment and trading strategies, generally falling into three broad categories.
- Statistical arbitrage and other quantitatively-driven strategies.
- Fundamental equity / relative value.
- Tactical trading (including discretionary and systematic short-term trading strategies).
They provide investment advisory services to collective investment accounts (or hedge funds) in which qualified purchasers are permitted to invest with the purpose of obtaining substantially the same market and risk exposure.
In a crowded and highly-competitive market, Our client seeks to create significant opportunities for alpha by:
- Assembling cohesive teams of portfolio managers, traders, analysts, researchers, scientists, developers and other technologists, support personnel and management.
- Building and investing in state-of-the-art technology, including low-latency trading systems and tools and data center facilities.
- Investing stable investment capital with a view toward generating superior risk-adjusted returns.
- Offering flexible, generous and creative performance packages and independent partnerships
consistent with their entrepreneurial focus.
Technology plays a critical role in the success of the business. As a result, they maintain a robust investment program with respect to its infrastructure, technology offerings and resources, keeping it at the forefront of financially-focused technology innovation.
Lead C++ Developer
You will be a hands on lead of a team of developers to develop from scratch a new high performance system to facilitate all of the company’s trading, concentrating on OMS and Market Data. You will do hands on development, code reviews, discuss aspects of the code and help diagnose problems for other members of the team. The position entails analyzing, designing, implementing, and testing software in a Linux environment utilizing primarily C++.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
The applicant must be able to exhibit skills in some or all of the following for consideration:
- Strong C++ knowledge (Minimum 5+ yrs experience)
- Experience developing real-time trading platforms
- Experience with low-latency
- Network programming skills, both TCP/IP and UDP
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in design and code review of C++ code
- Java experience - a plus
- Knowledge of SQL
- Linux shell scripting
- Experience with Python
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Send resumes to email@example.com / cory (at) gmsadvisors.com