Java Grid Developer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- NationStaff, Inc.
- 29 Sep 16
An innovative financial firm is building a new generation of technology solutions for risk and pricing. Incorporating the latest paradigms in distributed, grid and big data technology to build applications that will be rolled out globally. They are looking for a Java Grid Developer to join their team in NY.
The ideal candidate will be ‘hands-on’ and have a genuine desire to build eloquent solutions to complex problems. The team is growing rapidly and this is an opportunity to get in at the beginning.
Knowledge of Finance is useful but not obligatory. More important is the desire to learn the domain and enthusiasm for technology.
- Contribute to the overall design and development of the real-time solutions for IR Pricing, Trading and Risk Management.
- Work closely with business sponsors to understand their requirements and architect, design and execute technical solutions.
- Work with other team members to ensure that tactical and strategic solutions dovetail.
- Provide guidance and mentoring for new team members as necessary.
- Advises on key design and implementation decisions.
- Good Communication skills (able to work in a front office environment alongside traders and sales people)
- Solid experience designing, implementing and delivering complex globally distributed, high availability, real-time, trading systems.
- Java (6+ years)
- Java Frameworks (hibernate, spring, struts etc)
- Test Driven Development
- Messaging Systems