- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 25 Sep 16
New York Life Investments, a division of New York Life Insurance Company, is one of the world's largest global asset managers. With more than $500 billion in assets under management, the Investments Group manages premiums paid by the company's six million policyholders, and a global asset management business. New York Life Investments offers a full suite of guaranteed products and annuities, as well as institutional and retail asset management products. It also oversees ten independent investment management boutiques responsible for managing the company's third party assets.
A full-service retail investment and distribution platform serving financial professionals and their clients, offering investors access to investment managers through MainStay Funds, exchange-traded funds, closed-end funds, non-traditional strategies, and separately managed accounts. At the core of the MainStay success story is a multi-boutique structure that consists of autonomous institutional asset managers, whose expertise span across multiple asset classes and provide breadth and depth across investment styles and disciplines.
Job Function and Key Responsibilities:
• Manage territory with external partner to meet or exceed goals
• Conduct consultative, relationship-building sales calls via the telephone with financial advisors and other licensed professionals
• Develop and execute sales plan strategies with members of both external & internal sales teams
• Articulate Mutual fund & ETF objectives while also processing strong capital markets (domestic and international) knowledge
• Identify sales opportunities and advisor needs, cross-sell ideas and introduce new concepts
• Develop asset allocation strategies based on client objectives and risk tolerances
• Ability to consistently have high volume of proactive phone activity
• Handle daily territory management tasks to ensure maximum business efficiency, i.e. update and maintain CRM system
• Generate hypothetical/proposals, for advisors for MainStay Mutual Funds, ETF's and SMA accounts.
• Assist with the planning and overall coordination of conferences/seminars/plan participant meetings.
• Quarterly travel within territory and or partner conferences preferred
• Understanding of the financial/capital markets; mutual funds, ETF's and SMA's
• Wholesaling experience preferred.
• Build and expand relationships with predetermined opportunistic list of prospects and clients.
• Fluid relationship and communication skills
• Excellent presentation and organizational skills.
• State Insurance License(s) for resident state within 90 days of hire.
• FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses required. Need to obtain 65/66 license within 90 days of hire/promotion.
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
• Bachelor's degree is required - specifically Finance/Business major preferred.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.