Insight Investment - IT Trade Systems Support Analyst
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 27 Sep 16
Insight Investment - IT Trade Systems Support Analyst
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
Insight is a specialist asset manager at the forefront of designing and delivering investment solutions specifically to meet our clients' evolving investment needs. Launched in 2002, we have grown to be one of the largest asset managers in the UK, winning industry recognition for our investment capabilities across liability driven investment, fixed income, multi asset and absolute return. Insight has $603 billion in assets under management as of December 2015.
Innovation is key to our investment capability. With a focus on doing only what we are good at, we continue to look for opportunities to grow and develop our business across new client channels and countries. The key to our success is, and will always be, the high quality of our professionals combined with the partnerships we create with our clients.
Insight's top strategic growth objective is our expansion into the North American market. This role is to support that strategic objective.
Insight, a fixed income investment boutique, is seeking a Trade Systems Support Analyst to work closely with trade operations, traders and portfolio managers in order to support and maintain the trading and settlement systems.
The IT Trade Systems Support Analyst will possess strong communication skills with the ability to work independently with multiple personnel/departments including the trade floor and portfolio managers. Success will be measured by details/qualities of work product, ability to meet deadlines/milestones and user satisfaction.
As the IT Trade Systems Support Analyst, you will:
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers, Traders, and other support analysts to support and maintain the trading system
- Manage all day to day activity for trading and settlement platforms
- Troubleshoot and monitor the trading platform
- Develop and understand the trading and settlement workflows for the full range of fixed income products
- Manage incidents through to resolution keeping all stakeholders abreast of the situation and work to minimize impact wherever possible.
- Regularly review and analyze the service requests and issues that are raised; seek to improve the process and remove reoccurring tasks where possible.
- Fulfil responsibilities related to production support as well as application enhancements simultaneously.
- Act as liaison between business users, product vendors and internal application development teams to facilitate small-scale changes and complex problem solving.
- Provides direction and support to vendors / application developers when application changes require knowledge of or changes to system functionality
- Form strong working relationships with internal users - both business and technical
As the Trade Systems Support Analyst, you have:
- Demonstrated years of experience in an investment management firm supporting a trading desk function
- Strong knowledge of trade lifecycle and settlement operations, specifically with fixed income products
- Experience with an Order Management System like Black Mountain Systems, Bloomberg AIM, Everest or Charles River trading systems is needed; ThinkFolio is highly preferred.
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Strong communication skills, take ownership of support tasks, ability to work and follow up with multiple personnel/departments will be crucial
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational and multi-task skills to effectively work in a dynamic environment
- Some experience with SQL (ability to run queries within application databases)
- Some exposure/experience in helpdesk or desktop support and willingness to contribute in this area on a day-to-day basis
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 29751
Job: Asset Management
Requisition Number: 1607433