Head of Marketing – Next Generation SaaS FinTech (NY or London)
- Remuneration: Exceptional to attract the best
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Excelsior Professional Search
- 20 Sep 16
Excelsior has been engaged to conduct a search for an exciting marketing post for a next generation financial services technology company founded in Europe. The post offers true autonomy to develop, execute and lead the company’s marketing strategy worldwide. Our client is offering genuinely disruptive SaaS solutions which are replacing older legacy solutions at a rapid rate.
As a result of this outstanding period of growth Excelsior’s client is looking to hire their first Head of Marketing. They are an innovative technology provider to the financial services industry with an excellent reputation and a growing client base. As part of their expansion globally this is a newly created role for a marketing professional to lead in the design and execution the company’s marketing strategy to both strengthen their existing market position in Europe (where they are already established), but there is much work to be done to create a build a brand identity in the USA in particular. Therefore the position requires someone with the ability to create “go to market” campaigns for their solutions within key financial territories globally. This means crafting the strategic marketing plan, and then taking the marketing plan from the strategic – business drivers, problems, solution messaging and value propositions, through to tactical operations – collateral, events, campaigns, PR, lead generation etc. As this is the lead marketing role for this company, there is a great opportunity for this person to develop the role and ‘make it their own’, and be involved in global initiatives working closely with all business divisions.
Appropriate applicants will have:
- Experience in a similar marketing role marketing financial technology - both product marketing and marketing communications experience is essential
- Creative writing skills to conceptualise marketing communications
- The ability to educate and gain the buy in of key internal stakeholders to the marketing initiative you create
- Demonstrate a successful track record for effectively marketing financial technology in to the financial services industry, i.e. Investment Banks, Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Retail Banking, Pension Funds, Insurance.
- Must be able to develop close working relationships across the business locally in either London or NY and globally, and be able to act at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Have the ability to take this company’s key messages and bring them to market through various campaigns including mailing campaigns, roundtables, trade shows, press, whitepapers etc.
- Marketing related degree or an additional marketing diploma etc is an advantage.
- Experience using Eloqua and saleforce.com would be advantageous