Global Director of Social Media
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Blackrock USA
- 30 Jun 14
BlackRock seeks a leader to drive the expansion of the firm’s social media efforts as a key member of Global Marketing and Communications. The Global Director of Social Media will help set and execute on BlackRock’s vision for social media. This is a
BlackRock seeks a leader to drive the expansion of the firm’s social media efforts as a key member of Global Marketing and Communications.
The Global Director of Social Media will help set and execute on BlackRock’s vision for social media. This is a dynamic opportunity to evolve what is already an important communications resource for one of the world’s preeminent investment managers. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for raising social media’s profile and influence as a platform to engage investors, disseminate key messaging and thought leadership, and build our brand.
This Director must possess a working knowledge of the financial-services and/or investment-management industries and today’s digital- and social-media space and also have a strong track record of collaboration with business and marketing partners. The ideal candidate will communicate as well as create strategy, partnering with a diverse set of global stakeholders. Primary geographic responsibilities include the U.S., Canada, and the UK, with future plans to expand the firm’s social media platform to other markets in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
New York or San Francisco
- Lead BlackRock’s global social media strategy, communications and governance
- Manage the global social media team, including professionals in the U.S. and in key markets around the world
- Oversee all social media infrastructure (e.g. technology, compliance, syndication, metrics, listening, etc.)
- Manage social-media platform relationships (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Manage the firm’s global social agency, technology vendors, metrics and analytics vendors and work with internal sourcing and vendor management to on-board new vendors as necessary
- Lead expansion of BlackRock’s social media platform to new business channels and geographies
- Manage the social media editorial agenda in partnership with our global communications and channel marketing teams
- Collaborate with cross-firm content contributors to be well versed in social “voice” for Blog, Twitter, etc.
- Partner with BlackRock’s channel marketing teams and the global paid media team to execute paid social media campaigns (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
This Director position will report jointly to BlackRock’s Global Head of Digital Marketing and to BlackRock’s Global Head of Strategic Messaging & Content.
The Director will manage a team of social media professionals focused on supporting the global social media infrastructure, developing social media content, executing social media campaigns, and expanding the firm’s social media platform.
The Director will work closely with heads of business channels, regional managers, thought leaders, communications professional and other stakeholders to understand their business objectives, collaborate on thought-leading ideas, and work with local content creators to support those objectives.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing / communications / content development roles with some experience in financial services industry (asset management experience preferred but not required)
- Background in digital marketing / social media experience
- Experience working on digital properties, including key social platforms: blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- Understanding of asset management industry and products and financial markets
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a deadline oriented fast paced team environment
- Ability to manage stakeholders, teams, agencies across multiple time-zones
- Proven ability to set strategy and clearly communicate merits of the approach to stakeholders, business leaders, and direct reports
- Ability to work effectively and “influence without authority” in matrixed / highly collaborative organization
- Excellent people management skills including guiding and mentoring direct reports outside the US
- Strong executive presence and proven ability to manage senior stakeholders
The Global Digital Marketing Team is part of the broader Global Marketing and Communications function at BlackRock. In partnership with colleagues across marketing and communications , this division creates and drives marketing’s digital vision, strategy and implementation. This includes management of digital assets including websites, mobile apps, emails and social media. This team also manages client information and analytics to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness through digital channels and ultimately a richer, more relevant experience for our clients.
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.